Gransnet forums

Chat

Some so-called *Stars*

(8 Posts)
supernana Thu 26-May-11 13:46:39

Am I alone in flinching whenever I see Katie Price's face on a magazine? I really couldn't care less about "what she's up to..." However, taking into account the endless number of publications in which she features, I guess that I'm missing something important...can anyone enlighten me please?

nanafrancis Thu 26-May-11 14:16:50

Nope

crimson Thu 26-May-11 14:24:30

I read a magazine a while ago [I hasten to add I didn't buy it, it was in a waiting room] where Ms Price talked about her problems after giving birth; I think she was discussing things like constipation and such like. I couldn't believe that she was being paid vast sums of money to write such rubbish [or that people wanted to know about it]. There are so many talented people working hard and being paid a pittance that it makes my blood boil. Who looks after her children when she's doing whatever she does that gets written about? Magazines are full of who has lost weight, who has put on weight etc etc..I hate the word 'celebrity'. What does it mean other than someone being famous for...being famous. And, does it make them more interesting than someone you happen to meet and have a conversation with at a bus stop? I think not. The last front page picture of Ms Price had the heading 'I'm terrified of being stabbed'. Well, the idea doesn't appeal to most of us, either.

supernana Thu 26-May-11 15:04:23

crimson your comment has made my day. Gaining weight - losing weight - gaining a lover - losing a lover - gaining status - losing status...we've all been there at some time or other. I don't recall ever being on a front page and getting paid handsomely for the priviledge of sharing such yawn-inducing facts... confused

nanny1 Thu 26-May-11 21:30:07

Hear hear...

supernana Sat 28-May-11 14:52:39

...and whilst I'm at it...is it any wonder that the celebrity is depressed with her appearance in spite of having spent a fortune on cosmetic surgery! My advice - forget about yourself for a change and do something rewarding with your wealth...like helping those who really do have a reason to be depressed. That's it! I'm off to sort out the laundry...

TwinsetandPearls Sat 28-May-11 17:03:33

Famous people cannot be famous without our help. If we didn't pander to them and buy their products then they would be unknown. You can't blame them. It's all OUR fault.

supernana Sat 28-May-11 17:13:25

You have a point Twinsetand Pearls...'though I have never had the slightest wish to read beyond the headline that leaps off the front page of certain popular magazines and newspapers where some of the most irritating celebrities have taken up permanent residence.