Gransnet forums

Chat

Greetings cards

(10 Posts)
Archiejo Fri 15-Mar-19 10:14:48

I've seen some place like www.bestbranding.co.uk/ where they personalize almost everything, I like pens a lot.

Archiejo Fri 15-Mar-19 10:12:46

vdd

Hattie64 Wed 20-Jul-11 20:37:03

I have just ordered a birthday card for my grandson from funky pigeon. He loves Denis the menace, I loved the fact you can personalise it. Price not bad either £2.00 first class post. I will definately use them again.

Libradi Mon 18-Jul-11 11:40:53

The Hallmark programme sounds good Liz. I used to use Moonpig a lot but find I get a lot of discount codes for Funky Pigeon so use them more. I've also used Hallmark, depends on which one had the most suitable card. I did a lovely engagement card for my son with several photographs of him and his fiancée taken at different times. They loved it and nice to keep.

Liz08 Mon 18-Jul-11 10:58:06

I was given a Hallmark programme for my PC last year so I can make my own personalized greetings cards which is brilliant. The special paper and envelopes were part of the gift too so I haven't spent a penny (no not That spent a penny!), except on general xmas cards, in the last year.
There are plenty of stock cards in the programme so you only have to add a name and print it or you can take more time and insert photos, make your own verse etc.
Everyone who has received one feels very special. I have recently picked up some sheets of cheap stickers (flowers, butterflies, balloons etc) to decorate them even more....... where will it end?

susiecb Mon 18-Jul-11 09:20:42

I started to use Moonpig when I was at work as it gives reminders and does the posting for you so I have carried on but some people like close family members still get a handwritten and chosen card from me. M & S are doing it now too and Hallmark.

Baggy Mon 18-Jul-11 07:35:41

Lovely idea, libradi. smile

glammanana Sun 17-Jul-11 22:57:40

Libradi,what a lovely idea how nice it would be to keep a copy of cards and save in a memory box for when you DGD is older.I have a memory box for all my DGC
and every year I pop a note in and save something for them for when they are
older,my DD thinks I am batty but I enjoy doing it.

HildaW Sun 17-Jul-11 22:06:42

Moonpig had the ideas first and have been around a lot longer....but I've never liked there cheesy adverts.

Libradi Sun 17-Jul-11 12:31:15

Just thought I'd share something I've sent to my daughter and her family. They are moving home on Saturday and as I don't know when I'm going to get to the shops to buy them a good luck card, I decided to buy one online from a company I use called Funky Pigeon www.funkypigeon.com

They have cards on their site where you can upload a personal photo. I've got a lovely drawing of a house and garden that my granddaughter did which has been on my kitchen wall. I scanned the picture and managed to upload it on to their New Home card, it looks really good.

I'm thinking of asking my granddaughter, she's almost 5, to draw a picture of her aunt and uncle, (my son and his fiancé) dressed as bride and groom and do the same thing for them for their wedding card next month.

I've usually got a couple of her drawings on the wall and now when I take them down I scan them and keep them in a folder on my computer.