Gransnet forums

Chat

Lady drivers (over a certain age) unite!

(9 Posts)
Liz08 Thu 21-Jul-11 14:28:23

For the last couple of years I've been making a determined effort to be extra nice to other lady drivers like myself, whenever it's safe to do so.

For example if I'm in a line of slow traffic and someone 'like myself' is waiting on a side road to join the line I will let her in front of me. A simple act of kindness, but one that is not always bestowed on us ladies of a 'certain age'.
This usually results in a wave and a smile from both of us - a little chink of sunshine in what otherwise might have been a dull day.
I never do this for pretty young ladies (unless there are children in the car) as there are plenty of men dying to help a beautiful damsel in distress (I must admit to helping out a 'silver fox' every now and then though ..... )
Maybe we should develop a hand signal so that us Gransnetters will recognise when we've helped one of our own?
Any suggestions? (Keep it clean now).

jangly Thu 21-Jul-11 14:48:32

I had to google silver fox.

Liz, you are a madam.

Liz08 Thu 21-Jul-11 17:32:57

Ooops !!
Just googled Silver Fox myself blush .......
Not what I thought. In my circles it means an older man who's good looking and usually has white/silver hair (think Tom Jones now he's stopped dying his hair).
Apologies to all I've shocked.

jangly Thu 21-Jul-11 17:57:18

Liz!!!! What did you come up with???!!!

Do tell us. shock

I only came up with good looking older men.

jangly Thu 21-Jul-11 17:58:21

Perhaps you'd better stop digging Madam. [wunk]

Liz08 Thu 21-Jul-11 18:14:29

I can't say what came up on my google search jangly blush. (maybe I made a typo?)
But I've just run an unscheduled scan just in case any websites latch on and start asking if I want to buy little blue pills. shock

jangly Thu 21-Jul-11 18:50:46

Oh, I've got to google it again!

jangly Thu 21-Jul-11 18:55:17

Pooh! This is all I can find www.flickr.com/photos/mattknoth/2998070371/

Liz08 Thu 21-Jul-11 18:58:30

No need to run a scan for that.....