Gransnet forums

Chat

Make up and hair

(14 Posts)
riclorian Sat 23-Jul-11 15:02:01

If you wear make up , how early in the day do you put it on ? Before breakfast , during the day , or only when you go out ?

jangly Sat 23-Jul-11 15:10:00

only when i go out and then less and less.

can't stop, its a race.

Zephrine Sat 23-Jul-11 15:10:38

About 5 mins before I go out!

Zephrine Sat 23-Jul-11 15:11:28

What's a race Jangly?

jangly Sat 23-Jul-11 15:12:39

Read the Active convos.

Are you ever tempted.....

grin

greenmossgiel Sat 23-Jul-11 15:13:58

Only when I go out, usually. I need a bit of mascara and a bit of lippy, though, to make me look as if I've not died and no-one's told me, so I'll put that wee bit of make up on if I've to nip down to the local shop. So that may be mid-morning, I suppose! I no longer wear foundation anyway, as I feel overly 'done-up'! I always wear earrings though and have to wear perfume otherwise I don't feel at all right! smile

jangly Sat 23-Jul-11 15:15:05

I usually just wear foundation with a little bit of liquid tinted foundation mixed in.

glassortwo Sat 23-Jul-11 15:20:47

Usually put foundation eye shadow and mascara when I get dressed.

numberplease Sat 23-Jul-11 15:28:00

Only when I go out, which is up town about once every week, and for special occasions, which are rare anyway. I only use eye shadow and lipstick and eyebrow pencil, cos I aint very good at it! I`d love to wear mascara as well, but had to stop because my eyes water a lot these days.

Elegran Sat 23-Jul-11 15:32:39

Mine is usually very quick, moisturiser and lip-salve morning and night. If I want to get glammed up it is a touch of concealer over the worst of the age spots and a dab of perfume.

goldengirl Sat 23-Jul-11 18:29:27

I put mine on after breakfast. Luckily our postie doesn't come until lunch time although the parcel postie has caught me out once or twice but hasn't batted an eyelid, bless him blush

glammanana Sat 23-Jul-11 19:31:20

I use a dollop of moisturiser and tinted foundation and slap it on as soon as I go
into the bathroom of a morning quick comb up of hair and scrunch up so I at least look alive and not dug up for when DH comes back after walk with dog.

raggygranny Sat 23-Jul-11 19:41:48

Only when I am going out, and then only tinted moisturiser and mascara.

Libradi Sun 24-Jul-11 09:59:50

Mascara and eyeshadow when I get dressed, don't feel dressed without it. Don't wear foundation (I can never get the right colour). Lipstick if I'm going out. I love my make up, I even got away with wearing my mascara while giving birth grin