Gransnet forums

Chat

Delivery companies

(4 Posts)
jogginggirl Tue 26-Jul-11 17:53:11

It was Yodel (formerly DHL) this time, but we have problems with all of them, Citylink, Parcelforce, DPD .............it goes on and on...........When he finally delivered today following a phone call where I had to "talk him in", I asked if he had satnav.............it would have brought him most of the way.............and he said "yea, one on me phone and one in me van but they both took me to a different place". I rest my case...........

Baggy Tue 26-Jul-11 17:37:02

We have the same problem, jogginggirl, and it's always Parcelforce. I even know which driver it is! What he does is stop at the village shop where he writes a card to say he has tried to deliver but couldn't, and posts it (second class) in the post box there. We receive said card a couple of days later knowing full well he has been nowhere near our house because, if he had he could have (a) shoved the card through the door or (b) left the parcel. He knows the safe places. He's a lazy s*d and that's all there is to it.

Naturally, we refuse to collect. He has to come back. He's learning. Slowly.

shysal Tue 26-Jul-11 13:16:57

I have been impressed with DHL (now Yodel I think), who use a local agent who lives in my village. She leaves a card if I am out, with a mobile number and when I ring we arrange a mutually convenient time for her to re-deliver.Unfortunately when ordering items you cannot choose the delivery company. I do hate having to pick up from a depot. I have a secure box on my doorstep which some drivers will use , but some are not allowed to leave without a signature. How on earth do people manage when they work every day?

jogginggirl Mon 25-Jul-11 19:36:40

Is anyone else sick and tired of Delivery companies who don't - deliver that is!! Today I have been told that the driver probably couldn't contact me because he might not have a phone - as if!! The customer service girl repeatedly told me how "she could understand where I was coming from". I have tracked the parcel on the internet only to see that it has twice been returned to the office because they couldn't find us. Exactly the same delivery company delivered to us on Friday! God give me strength....oh and the parcel please angry