Gransnet forums

Chat

The Other Royal Wedding

(12 Posts)
Annobel Fri 29-Jul-11 08:42:57

Let's raise a wine to Zara Phillips and Mike Tyndall who are getting married in Edinburgh today. I would wish Mike luck in the World Cup this autumn, but not unless (or until) Scotland are knocked out.

Littlelegs Fri 29-Jul-11 08:49:26

I wish them luck and good wishes too wine

Soupy Fri 29-Jul-11 09:01:24

They are a lovely couple and seem very grounded.

Just a shame he palys for Gloucester!

A glass being raised here to celebrate their day - which is tomorrow by the way!

Annobel Fri 29-Jul-11 14:35:49

Yes...tomorrow. But no harm in raising that wine today and again tomorrow!

Bellesnan Fri 29-Jul-11 14:40:55

But why do they keep on talking about it as a 'private' wedding and not a 'state' occasion - I am sure they are not paying for the security that is in place for it. I don't remember there being armed guards at my kids weddings!

numberplease Fri 29-Jul-11 15:00:54

All the best to them..............they`ll need it!

jackyann Fri 29-Jul-11 15:17:00

I'm a republican, no interest in defending any royals; but I understand that the security is in place because of the members of the royal family who are attending.
I assume that this young couple had been waiting for the other royal wedding, so they could nip into the slipstream and keep the fuss to a minimum.

Libradi Fri 29-Jul-11 15:57:25

Good Luck to them both wine

crimson Fri 29-Jul-11 16:26:08

I think Zara's lovely. I can't remember the question she was asked but she replied with 'you mean my dodgy family?'. Priceless. I also think it's a pity she can't get the money for the wedding photos, because she would have used it towards her bid for Olympic Gold.

GrannyTunnocks Fri 29-Jul-11 18:11:14

Good luck to them. I thought of going to edinburgh but decided against it as it will probably be quite busy.

sylvia2036 Sat 30-Jul-11 12:51:56

I'm a Royalist through and through and am very grateful we have the Queen as our Head of State rather than some dodgy politician so I say very good luck and all happiness to them. Shame he doesn't play for Leicester Tigers though - now that's a team.

Annobel Sat 30-Jul-11 18:13:53

Some interesting hats there - a good thing the Edinburgh wind wasn't on its usual form! Camilla's hat was, well...odd! And was that a small satellite dish on Princess Beatrice? Becky from Corrie must have the prize for the biggest hat and maybe the biggest clutch bag ever. But the bride looked great and I liked the tiara she'd borrowed from her mum.