Gransnet forums

Chat

Does the punishment fir the crome?

(8 Posts)
artygran Tue 16-Aug-11 19:00:01

It certainly doesn't fit the crime; but, every day I drive I see someone using a mobile phone whilst driving. When the law was brought in, I can't have been the only one who thought it would be almost impossible to police and that once the dust had settled, many drivers would take absolutely no notice of it. Makes my blood boil.

HildaW Tue 16-Aug-11 18:32:24

I can never understand why people who are stopped and found to be driving without a full licence (and therefore no insurance etc etc) seem to be only sentanced to be being 'Banned from Driving'!!! They were not supposed to be driving in the first place so why should we think they would take notice of a ban? It seems illogical that you can ban someone from doing something that they cannot actually do. Driving without all the neccessary lessons, testing and fee paying that all other law abiding types like you and me go through should be a full blown criminal offence with a heavy fine and at least community time spent hosing down motorways after fatal crashes or similar.

Rant over!

mrshat Tue 16-Aug-11 15:25:41

Absolutely not - he should be banned from driving for at least 5 years and pay a hefty fine - who on earth does he think he is? angry

And I quite like 'fir the crome' Nagyi!! grin

absentgrana Tue 16-Aug-11 15:18:54

And no I don't think it does.

absentgrana Tue 16-Aug-11 15:18:34

I rather liked fir the crome. grin

glammanana Tue 16-Aug-11 15:14:09

Should be banned for 5yrs and have to trtake his test,have answered this
on your other postNagyi don't worry we all have off day's (me more than anyone else)

Nagyi Tue 16-Aug-11 13:13:27

Oh dear. I promise I wasn't drunk ... the heading should, of course, say "Does the punishment fit the crime?"

Nagyi Tue 16-Aug-11 13:09:18

A man has been convicted of driving while using TWO mobile phones. He was also uninsured. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-14533821.

He has been fined £150 and banned from driving for 12 months.

What do you think?