Gransnet forums

Chat

Slankets - any recommendations?

(13 Posts)
Carol Tue 28-Feb-12 15:27:43

I bought a Slanket off the internet last year and whilst it was quite nice (took ages to deliver), I wonder if anyone knows of a really luxurious one, as I want to buy it as a gift. Thanks.

shysal Wed 29-Feb-12 08:15:38

House of Bath items are usually good quality. I bought a snuggle blanket from eBay for a gift but the fabric was thin and poor.
Here is a link to H of B. cuddlee blanket

shysal Wed 29-Feb-12 08:21:39

Amazon also have a selection including higher priced ones, which are probably better. You usually get what you pay for.

Carol Wed 29-Feb-12 08:58:04

Thanks Shysal I've ordered a Slanky from Amazon as they seem to have the best ones and a good choice of colours.

Carol Wed 29-Feb-12 08:59:08

Meant 'slanket' (too much time spent with babies and their blankies!)

wotsamashedupjingl Wed 29-Feb-12 09:00:47

there seems to be just the two originals on the market, plus a lot of lesser ones Carol. I think, so long as you get one with the actual logo of either of the originals on it, that's all you can do.

Seems no-one can decide which of the two is better! smile

wotsamashedupjingl Wed 29-Feb-12 09:01:43

Oh. Just seen you have already purchased. Sorry Carol.

glammanana Wed 29-Feb-12 09:18:51

There are some good ones around in different price ranges as shysal says you pay for what you get,DD bought me a nice on last year and you can bet your life that I get all nice and snuggled on sofa for the night and the door bell rings or someone telephones and I have to detangle my self !!!

Carol Wed 29-Feb-12 09:29:09

I've ordered a lovely moss green Slanket for my sister from Amazon - thanks everyone.

gracesmum Wed 29-Feb-12 10:58:17

I always used to say I would rather they shot me than gave me a slanket, but lately they have begun to look more and more attractive a prospect - snuggle up, switch phone off, lock door mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!smile

Carol Wed 29-Feb-12 11:14:58

I know what you mean gracesmum. My sister's conservatory is still chilly, but it's so sunny in there sometimes, and she will be able to use this Slanket to sit and enjoy her surroundings, so I thought it would make her a lovely gift. My daughter has one that I bought her last year and she turns down the heating earlier and puts this on for an hour or so before going to bed - she's saved fifty pounds off this time last year's bills.

crimson Wed 29-Feb-12 11:15:56

What happens when you need the loo? Do you have to take the whole thing off?

Carol Wed 29-Feb-12 11:21:04

It's only like an enormous cardigan - you just take it off (although, I have seen my daughter gather the whole thing up and go to the kitchen to make a cup of tea!)