Gransnet forums

Chat

When you put money on a gift card!! double check it has actualy been activated and loaded!!

(5 Posts)
bikergran Sun 04-Mar-12 16:07:43

My younger daughter got older daughter a gift card for her birthday last November! she picked the gift card up from Superdrug, and loaded it with £25 for New Look.vouchers
Elder went shopping a few weeks ago..picked items up from New Look , qued up and went to the tlll...girl put her item/s through but when daughter gave her the gift card...there was nothing on it!! not a bean!!! there was a que behind daughter and it was embarassing for her! so younger daughter tried to find reciept which she did and yes! it showed £25 gift card (and few other items). So off to superdrug yesterday to speak to manageress..who was very helpfull....apparently around November time there was a glitch in the systems (it effected other companies as well)...and some cards were not loaded with the money!! and when you do buy one of these cards..you should always! make sure you are given a seperate reciept that shows the money has been loaded onto the card...(must admit I have done it many a time and just take the reciept/s and not even looked at them)....

glammanana Sun 04-Mar-12 16:30:16

Thanks for thatbiker must check as I still have a Boots card and one for M&S that I got for xmas.thanks

numberplease Sun 04-Mar-12 17:14:15

Something similar happened to us a few years back. We got a gift card for grandson, aged 8 at the time, from Game, for Christmas. When he went to spend it, they said it was a used one, and accused him of picking it up off the shop floor! But my daughter, his mum, isn`t easily fobbed off, we found the receipt and back she went to the shop. They accepted the gift card then, but no apology.

Jacey Sun 04-Mar-12 18:15:12

I have been known ...once I've bought a gift card to immediately go to another till and ask them to tell me how much money was on the card!! smile

That's because one of my gs got caught in a similar way.

glassortwo Sun 04-Mar-12 19:32:49

You should be advised when you purchase a gift card to keep the receipt with the card until the recipient uses the card, in some cases the card cannot be read by the scanner. (that's the staff training that is usually given)