Chat

Isn't this sad.

(47 Posts)
wotsamashedupjingl Fri 16-Mar-12 21:48:55

he ^was^ very small

Annobel Fri 16-Mar-12 21:53:36

WHAT?

wotsamashedupjingl Fri 16-Mar-12 21:58:32

The blue writing is a link Annobel. You click on it.

wotsamashedupjingl Fri 16-Mar-12 21:59:40

Poor little cuddly scrap! sad

jeni Fri 16-Mar-12 22:02:05

Why the fuss? What about Syria?

grannyactivist Fri 16-Mar-12 22:06:56

Ooops! sad

wotsamashedupjingl Fri 16-Mar-12 22:09:56

What????!

wotsamashedupjingl Fri 16-Mar-12 22:11:19

What has Syria got to do with it? confused

wotsamashedupjingl Fri 16-Mar-12 22:12:14

How would you like getting trodden on if you were very small?!

wotsamashedupjingl Fri 16-Mar-12 22:12:44

or even if you weren't very small. hmm

Annobel Fri 16-Mar-12 22:13:09

Ah! jings It depends on the angle of my laptop screen - I can't always distinguish the blue from the black. I'm sorry for that poor cameraman. Imagine what his kids (if he has any) must have said to him!

wotsamashedupjingl Fri 16-Mar-12 22:14:29

Is it just on Gransnet that links come out blue? They don't show up very well, especially on laptops.

jeni Fri 16-Mar-12 22:21:27

I have more sympathy and time for what is happening overseas than a small animal. Sorry if I seem hard, but I feel there is too much grief in the world with alienated families and wars and oppression, and cruelty, etc to worry about a mutant rabbit!
Unlike me to get heavy I know, but I feel down with the world situation tonight!
Think I'll go to bed! Might feel less disallusioned tomorrow!
Goodnight.

wotsamashedupjingl Fri 16-Mar-12 22:38:05

I only thought I'd mention it. sad

jeni Fri 16-Mar-12 22:41:39

Fine jing see you tomorrow!sleep well.

bagitha Sat 17-Mar-12 06:38:32

Not sad, just ridiculous. Why was it in a position to be stepped on anyway? If we have the time and energy and resources to make a big deal of a small earless rabbit, why hasn't every human being got a clean water supply and enough to eat? Not that simple, I know, but still.....

bagitha Sat 17-Mar-12 06:38:53

Hope you slept well, jings.

Butternut Sat 17-Mar-12 08:36:05

Jeni - Really hope you're feeling brighter this morning. sunshine

petallus Sat 17-Mar-12 08:38:20

Human beings are illogical sometimes, I agree jeni and bagitha. We have Syria etc. with huge human suffering yet people still put time and effort into saving the whale, contributing to the RSPCA (I do), campaigning against battery chicken factories, making sure frogs get across roads safely in their breeding season. I could go on and on with the list of relatively trivial issues people care about. I felt awful when I ran a cat over once in my car. I think I'd feel awful if I trod on a baby rabbit and killed it.

bagitha Sat 17-Mar-12 08:47:22

So would I, petallus. It's not illogical to have sympathy for little animals and, thankfully, most of us do. I was just putting the death of one small rabbit in proportion. After all, thousands of rabbits get eaten by other animals every day and we don't remark that that is sad. I agree the situation was sad, for both the rabbit and the person who trod on it, but it wasn't all that sad in the scheme of things. That's all.

Charlotta Sat 17-Mar-12 09:02:01

This is ridiculous. Apart from Syria and who knows how many dogs even are wounded and dying there, if compassion for other humans is absent.
Then there are 22 sets of parents in Belgium who just sent their children on a skiing trip and are now going through their own particular hell.
I have enough to feel sorry and sad about.

wotsamashedupjingl Sat 17-Mar-12 09:25:04

I slept very well thank you Bagitha.

To be honest, my original post was slightly tongue in cheek. [shame]

Never imagined anyone would take it this seriously. grin

wotsamashedupjingl Sat 17-Mar-12 09:25:59

Although, I reiterate - he was a sweet little feller!

wotsamashedupjingl Sat 17-Mar-12 09:37:59

I think the mention of the Belgium coach crash was beyond the pale.

I found that too hard to post about.

Carol Sat 17-Mar-12 09:52:30

There is tragedy at every level and the loss of lives in war, troubled countries and on school trips is devastating. I still have room to be sad for a little animal, as well Jings smile