Gransnet forums

Chat

How do I explain this one away?

(52 Posts)
nannym Sat 17-Mar-12 13:31:31

Well, I think I have just about got away with it, but I'm sure it is going to brought up at sometime in the future..... GD is staying with me for the weekend and while she was waiting for mr to finish in the bathroom she was in my bedroom. Suddenly I heard her say "My mum has got one like this Nanny" and then she appeared in the doorway holding my Rampant Rabbit which I had left out as it needed new batteries!
A swift removal of said item and a "Has she, darling, that's nice" was followed by a hasty departure for the park. However, I am now wondering whether DIL will be told that Nanny has a toy like yours Mummy!blush

Gally Sat 17-Mar-12 13:41:18

nannym that is priceless !!!! blush wink grin

Wheniwasyourage Sat 17-Mar-12 13:42:12

Sounds as if your only way out is to deny EVERYTHING! grin You could make a quiet remark about how vivid the imaginations of children can be.

dorsetpennt Sat 17-Mar-12 13:42:28

I'm a bit ignorant - what is a Rampant Rabbit? why does it need batteries.

jeni Sat 17-Mar-12 13:44:11

Google itgrin

syberia Sat 17-Mar-12 13:58:28

That is so funny! grin

greenmossgiel Sat 17-Mar-12 14:09:27

Oh dear!!! grin I remember finding what I thought were 'Spangles' in my mother's bedside cabinet drawer when I was small. I was about to eat one when my mother raced over and snatched it out of my hand, yelling, "That's Mummy's!" It was a contraceptive pessary! I was quite put out that she didn't want to share her Spangles with me.....grin

FeeTee Sat 17-Mar-12 14:19:05

Priceless. Reminds me of when a friend's son proudly presented his teacher with cigars for Christmas. I have never been able to look at a wrapped tampax in the same way since

Carol Sat 17-Mar-12 14:20:32

When all probation officers were issued with supplies of condoms to give out to offenders during the growing concerns about HIV/AIDS, I had rather a lot in my briefcase. I got a phone call from the school to say my son had all these condoms and there was a thriving SwapShop going on in the playground. He came home with a swiss army knife and lots of football cards. I don't know what they thought they were going to do with the condoms - it was primary school! I had to explain to the head teacher, who was highly amused - more annoyed that some child had a penknife in school!
My son said he always went looking in my briefcase because he knew I kept pens and mints in there.

jeni Sat 17-Mar-12 15:20:12

My brother and I found condoms in the parents bedside cabinet. We had great fun filling them with water and dropping them on the heads of patients attending the surgery (it was part of the house)
One of the patients told my father who came running up the stairs to spoil the fun. I have never seen him do angry? blush

Annika Sat 17-Mar-12 15:48:29

nannym So funny blush wink grin.
Aren't children little darlings even if they do let you down some times.

P/S Get rechargeable batteries next time and then you won't have to leave it out to remind you thats what I do grin

petallus Sat 17-Mar-12 15:59:31

Some years ago when DD brought her boyfriend home for the first time, we were all sitting there making polite conversation when the dog ran in holding a used sanitary pad (mine) in her mouth and dropped it at boyfriend's feet.

nannym Sat 17-Mar-12 16:33:23

Annika thanks for the tip! All the family are coming for lunch tomorrow and I have the feeling I will be on pins waiting for some remark!

Annika Sat 17-Mar-12 16:37:27

nannym I would love to be a fly on a wall in your house on that day grin

Carol Sat 17-Mar-12 16:46:51

Petallus I would have wanted the ground to open up and swallow me!! grin

Good luck tomorrow nanny. You could always face the fear head on and leave it recharging in the kitchen! No?? grin

Anagram Sat 17-Mar-12 16:59:48

And anyway, why should you be any more, or less, embarrassed than your daughter? Perhaps you'd better warn her, so she can nip any innocent 'bunny' comments in the bud! wink

JessM Sat 17-Mar-12 17:03:26

Oh dear put the icing on my afternoon!! grin Visions of you blushing guiltily every time you think about it tomorrow nannym never mind, we are with you in spirit. The rrs are such attractive objects too aren't they (not)

Jacey Sat 17-Mar-12 17:41:28

dorsetpennt I had to google it too blush ...obviously some of us live such innocent lives hmm ...and they come in a range of colours!!shock

I wonder if GNHQ will offer samples ...like they did with astroglides grin

Anagram Sat 17-Mar-12 17:43:19

Ooh, yes, I hope so!

jeni Sat 17-Mar-12 17:53:36

That would be good wouldn't it? Can you see the news headlines on that one

JessM Sat 17-Mar-12 18:29:12

I think we need to ask for a discrete handbag sized one that looks completely respectable when it falls out of said handbag in church. 'Oh i have dropped my perfume spray/ lipstick/ cigarette lighter.
I seem to remember someone reminiscing on this site about one that looked like a nice bath duck.
Any other ideas?

Anagram Sat 17-Mar-12 18:33:34

Ahem..somehow I don't see one the size of a lipstick doing much of a job! grin

JessM Sat 17-Mar-12 18:37:18

If it had a really good design it might... But it depends on how you wish to deploy.

Anagram Sat 17-Mar-12 18:59:24

I stand corrected. I haven't had much experience of these things - that's why I was hoping for the free sample! blush

bikergran Sat 17-Mar-12 19:08:57

lol lol..ohhhhhh I have just popped in and found this thread hilarious!! lol.........grin