Gransnet forums

Chat

I think the Middletons try very hard................ .....

(34 Posts)
j04 Tue 05-Jun-12 13:10:36

to look all cool and composed about Kate's great success in life.

But you can imagine sooner or later, it's going to dawn on them, if it hasn't already.

Scenario:

Carole and Michael in bed late one night.

Carole whispers: "She has done rather well, hasn't she Michael".

Michael: "Yes. Just a bit".

Both collapse into a fit of the giggles, turning into howls of laughter!

grin

johanna Wed 06-Jun-12 21:35:32

merlotgran
" The brother sells cake kits." Killing myself laughing.

But we should not be unfair to them. They are shrewd . Let's face it, just like the aristocracy, who have been shrewd for centuries.......

So, maybe in 500 years time they will have joined the Spencers, the Westminster's, the Devonshire's , the Northumberland's, the Buccleuch's , etc etc.

Annobel Wed 06-Jun-12 21:42:16

Yeah johanna - unless the whole lot have been consigned to the dustbin of history - or the guillotine! grin

merlotgran Wed 06-Jun-12 21:42:24

I guess some people are just born lucky, johanna Can't wait to see them on 'Escape to the Country' with a budget of £5 million.

nanaej Wed 06-Jun-12 22:28:07

I thought..but may well only be media gossip..that Mummy Middleton had inherited a pretty penny!

nanaej Wed 06-Jun-12 22:40:25

I am going to argue with myself! I think it was daddy middleton ...mummy middleton had the brains not the dosh!

AlisonMA Thu 07-Jun-12 09:10:39

I think they have worked very hard at their business and probably deserve their success. Americans celebrate the self-made but we seem to always look for reasons to denigrate it.

Fid Fri 08-Jun-12 22:36:57

So conspicuous by its absence, was any inclusion of Princess Diana in the screen show for the Jubilee Concert. It was like a denial of her existence with no recognition of her part as the mother of two fine sons.

nanaej Sat 09-Jun-12 18:50:33

I am sure that the Middletons have worked hard for their business to succeed.

I do not know if they are pleasant people or not as I have never met them so cannot comment on them as individuals. Just saying I read that they had some inherited dosh to get them going which helps if you are a shrewd business person as well! That is not denigrating anything.