Gransnet forums

Chat

I think the Middletons try very hard................ .....

(34 Posts)
j04 Tue 05-Jun-12 13:10:36

to look all cool and composed about Kate's great success in life.

But you can imagine sooner or later, it's going to dawn on them, if it hasn't already.

Scenario:

Carole and Michael in bed late one night.

Carole whispers: "She has done rather well, hasn't she Michael".

Michael: "Yes. Just a bit".

Both collapse into a fit of the giggles, turning into howls of laughter!

grin

nanaej Sat 09-Jun-12 18:50:33

I am sure that the Middletons have worked hard for their business to succeed.

I do not know if they are pleasant people or not as I have never met them so cannot comment on them as individuals. Just saying I read that they had some inherited dosh to get them going which helps if you are a shrewd business person as well! That is not denigrating anything.

Fid Fri 08-Jun-12 22:36:57

So conspicuous by its absence, was any inclusion of Princess Diana in the screen show for the Jubilee Concert. It was like a denial of her existence with no recognition of her part as the mother of two fine sons.

AlisonMA Thu 07-Jun-12 09:10:39

I think they have worked very hard at their business and probably deserve their success. Americans celebrate the self-made but we seem to always look for reasons to denigrate it.

nanaej Wed 06-Jun-12 22:40:25

I am going to argue with myself! I think it was daddy middleton ...mummy middleton had the brains not the dosh!

nanaej Wed 06-Jun-12 22:28:07

I thought..but may well only be media gossip..that Mummy Middleton had inherited a pretty penny!

merlotgran Wed 06-Jun-12 21:42:24

I guess some people are just born lucky, johanna Can't wait to see them on 'Escape to the Country' with a budget of £5 million.

Annobel Wed 06-Jun-12 21:42:16

Yeah johanna - unless the whole lot have been consigned to the dustbin of history - or the guillotine! grin

johanna Wed 06-Jun-12 21:35:32

merlotgran
" The brother sells cake kits." Killing myself laughing.

But we should not be unfair to them. They are shrewd . Let's face it, just like the aristocracy, who have been shrewd for centuries.......

So, maybe in 500 years time they will have joined the Spencers, the Westminster's, the Devonshire's , the Northumberland's, the Buccleuch's , etc etc.

merlotgran Wed 06-Jun-12 21:02:42

Where on earth do the Middletons get all their money from? Kate may be off hand now she's married but they must have been supporting her before the wedding. Pippa's book deal has only come about because her sister is married to Prince William. I bet there's nothing new in it. The brother sells cake kits. Big deal! Expensive school and university educations, expensive holidays, supporting your kids when they haven't got real jobs, racehorse ownership and talk of buying a country house to rival Highgrove. I wish I'd known there was so much money in party poppers and goody bags.

j04 Wed 06-Jun-12 10:59:09

susie grin (you're probably right)

GoldenGran Wed 06-Jun-12 10:33:08

I do so agree susiecb. The Middletons are hard working aspirational middle class parents, but who started off with not much, and they wouldn't have wanted any of their off spring blowing that hard work and going in a downward direction! Marlborough paid off for them.

susiecb Wed 06-Jun-12 10:15:56

Her parents certainly spent their money well on her education. You dont send you child to Marlborough without a game plan for them in mind.

AlisonMA Wed 06-Jun-12 10:07:41

I think they have too much else going on in their lives to be bothered with us but maybe they delgate...................

j04 Wed 06-Jun-12 09:59:55

Nah. Don't reckon. Definitely not Phillip! grin

nelliedeane Wed 06-Jun-12 09:19:50

Just wondering seeings as our identities are hidden do you think carol and her maj might be GN,s and Phill does he visit grandads shed [hmmm]. Curtsying and bowing emoticon....

GoldenGran Wed 06-Jun-12 08:38:59

I think it was sensible for her not to get pregnant in the first year, it may have been a decision not to. But now I think the pressure will be on to produce the heir now all this stuff is over. She is so thin any bump will be obvious early on,and it was very obviously not there this weekend.[crown]

Jacey Tue 05-Jun-12 15:16:37

You've got it gracesmum flag

gracesmum Tue 05-Jun-12 15:12:49

Do we mean the minor royals who were on their iPhones? "Hey look at me LOL Bea" and "@Eugenie OMG"

Jacey Tue 05-Jun-12 14:14:48

Thought it was good that two of those minor royals were not on 'The Spirit of Chartwell'; nor on the front row of the royal box with their 'daddy' last night, nor on the same side of the cathedral as their major cousins flag

But have noticed that they are now acknowlging lesser mortals and talking with the street riff-raff flag ...perhaps they are seeing what the Duchess of Cambridge is doing??flag

gracesmum Tue 05-Jun-12 13:55:30

Don't you think her Madge does that then? I always warmed to the idea of the Tupperware on the brekkie table !

Ella46 Tue 05-Jun-12 13:43:32

You can't beat putting your feet up in comfy slippers (or crocs) with a cuppa!

soop Tue 05-Jun-12 13:42:15

Yay to that, Bags...I am more than happy with the simple life smile

Bags Tue 05-Jun-12 13:38:12

All the glitz and pomp and ceremony must be fun, but there are compensations to being ordinary.

Ella46 Tue 05-Jun-12 13:29:18

I read that they had to wait until Jubilee is over before breeding! crown
I think Catherine has blended in very well, she seems really natural when talking to the public.

Bags Tue 05-Jun-12 13:24:09

B*gger the lesser royals! Ho do they think they are, for goodness' sake! We only tolerate them because we're so nice.

I've been wondering if her thinness would have an effect. It can do. She is very elegant though (but a lot thinner than she was a few years ago).