Gransnet forums

Chat

I think Gransnetters should stop going on about trolls.

(52 Posts)
JO4 Sat 25-Aug-12 12:20:25

I think it is very rare to get a troll on Gransnet. In fact I can only remember one, and that was quite obviously a schoolkid. I think it was at the start of the summer holidays last year.

No one can really ever prove that they haven't name changed to post something controversial, but I DOUBT IT HAPPENS! Most Gn's would be quite comfortable to say whatever under their usual name.

I think the post that was deleted the other day was more likely to have been a lurker who suddenly decided to say what they think.

Stop being so flippin' suspicious of other people, hmm

JO4 Sun 26-Aug-12 11:27:49

jens I'm not ga-ga. Honestly. [bites-fingernails-as-she-knows-quite-well-she-wouldn't-know-it-if-she-was]

kittylester Sun 26-Aug-12 08:50:25

Notso Uncle Mac played a Petula Clarke song that I had asked for and, after mentioning a few names, said 'And for everyone else who requested it!' So he played it for me and my name isn't Clarissa (or Alistair, Susan or David!!) grin

Nanadogsbody Sat 25-Aug-12 23:34:07

Me too. Phasers on stun!

Hunt Sat 25-Aug-12 23:11:49

Time for bed. Beam me up Scotty.

JO4 Sat 25-Aug-12 22:48:52

Oh! I think I know what Pogs means! grin

jeni Sat 25-Aug-12 22:47:43

But, we still love you!
Night all

[crescent moon]

jeni Sat 25-Aug-12 22:45:09

grin jing! We've had suspicions for ages!grin

JO4 Sat 25-Aug-12 22:33:43

Pogs I don't know.

I can't even remember why I started this thread.

In fact, I clicked on it earlier this evening to see who started it. And you reckon you're getting too old! hmm

jeni Sat 25-Aug-12 22:22:42

confused
I can't see any chickens? POGS, are you seeing things? I do know a couple of fairly sane psychiatrists!

POGS Sat 25-Aug-12 22:15:50

JO4

I couldn't agree with you more. Is it just me or has the chicken scenario reared it's head. I am getting too old!!!!

confused

Notsogrand Sat 25-Aug-12 20:11:07

I'm An Old Mouldy Troll......Children's Favourites, on the wireless with Uncle Mac. (He only played requests from Clarissas and Alistairs, never from Susans or Davids)

Anne58 Sat 25-Aug-12 19:10:58

Steady with the "lol's".

Annobel Sat 25-Aug-12 19:10:15

I think Pendle Hill would be thoroughly menacing in this weather!

bikergran Sat 25-Aug-12 19:06:26

hi glammanana ohhhhhhh yes! yes!! lol anytime..smile (so long as it's not raining) lol

Anne58 Sat 25-Aug-12 19:04:48

Aaah yes, but, what about the bit on the map that says "here be dragons"?

Ha ha, you didn't think of that, did you!?

Nanadogsbody Sat 25-Aug-12 18:40:38

Just returned to find this thread in complete disarray. Only one solution wine

JessM Sat 25-Aug-12 18:32:57

Pratchett big on witches. Some of his best. Particularly the young person's series about Tiffany Aching, the young witch.

Ariadne Sat 25-Aug-12 18:16:06

Oh dear, dear. Better have a wine.

glammanana Sat 25-Aug-12 18:15:47

annobelI think I will have to give biker a shout and get our 4 x 4 turbo charged broomsticks out of the garage and do a quick trip up to Pendle Hill*are you up for it *biker grin

JessM Sat 25-Aug-12 18:08:28

Hey the golems in Making Money and Going Postal were great weren't they.
I liked the one who adopted a female gender identity! Very funny.

feetlebaum Sat 25-Aug-12 18:03:50

"Sam Vimes finds trolls are very useful members of the Ankh Morpork Guard I seem to recall. Might be a bit slow thinking but it is a brave member of the underworld that tackles one head on. I love the way they have geological names."

They are only slow at moderate temperatures - you remember that when Detritus was locked in the Pork Futures Warehouse he almost solved the equation of the entire universe... scratching it in the frost on the walls: naturally when he was rescued, it all melted,and he was a fick troll agin.

I like trolls... but then I like golems... I wonder which would win... only one way to find out...FIGHT!!!

Ariadne Sat 25-Aug-12 16:30:43

Annobel nor me!

Actually, on the first page, the only post I understood was susie's

Annobel Sat 25-Aug-12 16:27:32

Ah, Jess, Terry Pratchett is one of the few authors I've never taken to.

bikergran Sat 25-Aug-12 16:24:29

Bikergran shall gather her "gang" and see off the "trolls" (they wouldn't be back ) !! grin we shall tie them all to a stake at the top of Pendle hill..whoops.... or is that the witches! lol.lol...

AlisonMA Sat 25-Aug-12 16:17:40

Sorry Kitty but the big billy goat woudn't stand a chance against the Ank Morpork Watch!