Chat

Harry again.

(36 Posts)
JO4 Mon 27-Aug-12 22:01:12

I think it's sad if he has had to delete his facebook page

Nonu Wed 05-Sep-12 08:16:47

LOL Hunt grin

Hunt Tue 04-Sep-12 23:11:17

not that I know of ,Absentgrana, but Nonu was thinking of loosening hers and it made me wonder.

absentgrana Tue 04-Sep-12 09:58:37

Hunt Does Prince Harry wear corsets as well as an SS uniform?

Hunt Tue 04-Sep-12 09:41:26

I wonder how many of us have actually worn corsets? I have a Tudor corset and an 18th century corset.Neither of these could I 'loosen' myself as they both do up at the back. If I have a bad back I will get my husband to help me put one on as they bring much relief.

merlotgran Mon 03-Sep-12 22:37:01

Just seen Prince Harry on the news presenting awards to disabled and sick children. I was not a Diana fan but she changed our expectations of royal participation at these events. She would be proud of him.
When I was at school during the fifties and sixties, I thought the Royal Family was a bunch of fuddy duddies. I wished they could be more like the Monaco Royals as they were so cool and trendy. Harry appeals to the younger generation today. He's not without his faults but when he gets it right he gets it right.

absentgrana Mon 03-Sep-12 20:19:35

I already have.

JO4 Mon 03-Sep-12 20:00:24

"He is 27 years old and an arsehole," He's 27. You got that right. hmm

Why???!!!! NO PLEASE DON'T TELL ME.

Banjo I totally agree.

absentgrana Mon 03-Sep-12 19:42:08

Banjo The serving in Afghanistan was a joke. He may well have wanted to be a real soldier but in the circumstances, it was never going to happen. He is being completely unrealistic about his expectations. His presence also endangers other soldiers in his company and he should give some thought to that.

The Nazi uniform – it doesn't matter whether it was a private party or broadcast on national television, it was hardly a a good move. A brief understatement – Nazis were not nice and this country endured six years of war because of Nazism. Prince Harry is a member of the family that has the head of state of this country at its pinnacle. Tacky, tacky, tacky – and hugely inappropriate.

Of course, he might become king, although not massively likely – that's why he exists. William could be struck down by by some horrible disease (it happens) and Harry must step into his shoes. It's not like the royal family when Edward VIII decided to abdicate; there were the D of York who became King) plus the D of Gloucester and the D of Kent.

He is 27 years old and an arsehole, He brings both the royal family and the army into disrepute – but I have to admit I don't really care about either of them.

Banjo Mon 03-Sep-12 14:03:57

Firstly the Australian news media---in the interests and rights of the the public to know ---- ruined Harry doing his duty in Afghanistan, by publishing the fact he was serving a tour of duty there, why was it that the public should be told, surely Australia has better things to report, or is it just gutter press media,

Secondly Harry was pilloried for wearing an imitation Nazi unform at a PRIVATE fancy dress costume ball, the papparazi caught him and he was then hounded by those ponces that stand on the moral ground and shout about it, whereas they should have kept their mouthes well and truly shut.

Lastly, you have this debacle, someone taking a video on a private camera/ mobile phone to sell to the highest bidder, now that is truly disgusting.

Harry, by an accident of birth is a member of the Royal family, he is never likely to become the King, he is serving his country, expoiting his birthright in order that limbless soldiers etc benefit via charities, he is a young man, he has NOT betrayed anyone, he has not NOT brought thee Royal family disrepute, he is a young healthy well adjusted young man --- for goodness sake leave the lad alone.

Nonu Thu 30-Aug-12 18:20:29

J . tee hhe like a laff don"t we

JO4 Thu 30-Aug-12 18:14:59

Nonu! blush grin

Nonu Thu 30-Aug-12 18:12:32

I am considering loosening my corsets , just wonder would it be a good move .[grin grin grin grin flag flag]

goldengirl Thu 30-Aug-12 17:24:31

I think he's a good lad at heart but it's time for him to grow up. He's getting to be a pain in the proverbial.

absentgrana Thu 30-Aug-12 10:49:00

I think the "poor lad" has quite a few compensations. Why do people talk about this man, who must be approaching 30, as if he is just a boy? Is it because he acts so irresponsibly so much of the time? I bet he likes lighting farts as well as taking his clothes off in front of other people.

NfkDumpling No one could stop him from "abdicating" i.e. removing himself from the line of succession However, this would not give him the opportunity to be a normal service man because the threat of abduction in order to put pressure on his grandmother/father/brother (whoever was the reigning monarch at the time) would remain.

NfkDumpling Thu 30-Aug-12 07:34:02

The trouble is he may want to be a normal service man, but his parentage won't allow it. I don't know if a third in line or whatever he is, would be allowed to abdicate? And would he really want to live in obscurity on a serviceman's pay? I'm afraid he's doomed, doomed to be famous poor lad.

Vonnie Thu 30-Aug-12 01:36:35

My son is in the Army Air Corps and has been on tour with Harry.
He is just a normal serviceman letting his hair down.
I just wish the press would leave him alone.

JO4 Wed 29-Aug-12 21:33:57

The corset remark was aimed at no one in particular.

Just something I've been thinking of saying for some time now. (cos |I think it's true) smile

nanaej Wed 29-Aug-12 21:30:10

JO4 you gunning for me tonight! What have I done! But perhaps you not really talking aout me..never worn a corset and I can party better than Harry! wink

JO4 Wed 29-Aug-12 21:13:09

Some people on Gransnet need to loosen their corsets a bit.

JO4 Wed 29-Aug-12 21:12:46

No one "feels the need to run to his defence".

Why should he be a "foolish young man" because he enjoys himself at a private party? confused

nanaej Wed 29-Aug-12 19:46:00

I have shared that picture this morning on my Facebook! Very funny. I don't care one way or another about Harry but what I get fed up with is the general public feeling they need to run to his defence!
If people feel the need to defend a foolish young man choose one who does not have a huge PR team & money enough to sort out his silliness! i am sure there are plenty of others!

matson Wed 29-Aug-12 19:15:03

amazing pics and shows the british sense of humour that a lot of people seem to have lost these days!he,s a young man not doing any one any harm, leave him be!

absentgrana Wed 29-Aug-12 08:09:40

Glammanana I don't think there is actually a law that prevents Prince William from serving in a combat zone. It's just custom that he should not be put deliberately at risk. Also, his presence would increase the danger to other soldiers, just as Prince Harry's did once the news broke that he was in Afghanistan. He should not be allowed to go again and make things more difficult for real soldiers.
Of course, in the past, kings and princes fought on battlefields and had they not done so, would soon have been booted out in favour of someone else.

glammanana Tue 28-Aug-12 15:48:51

Thanks for the link Joan what a laugh we have had at least we can see that our lovely boys and girls over there are having a bit of light relief from their daily routines.
Its a shame William cannot go and serve in combat zones but that is the law of the land and he has said he would be pleased to go with his regiment,he does however do a very important job on Anglesey and it has been reported he has contributed to many life saving missions saving people who have been swept out to sea and people who have been hurt on mountains,so well done to him.

Greatnan Tue 28-Aug-12 14:09:30

Well, I do try to introduce some fun with my jokes. grin