Gransnet forums

Chat

I, for one, don't know where this website would be without............

(113 Posts)
JO4 Mon 10-Sep-12 10:49:39

a few Christians going on about their bloody religion, and Bagitha going on her bloody atheism. smile wink

AlisonMA Tue 11-Sep-12 09:56:36

Have a great holiday nonu

No Absent I won't rise to this, it only adds to the nasitness.

Elegran Tue 11-Sep-12 09:48:53

Some of it is so trivial, too, glam . Not about opinions, but about me, me, me, and a lot of "you said..." and then "but you said ..... first" and about how mean other people are being.

Sheesh! Get a life, it's only a letters page, you can walk away from it and come back later. No-one is going to come round to your house with a big stick and take your rattle away.

glammanana Mon 10-Sep-12 23:03:38

Hi everyone,I've been busy for a few days and have just read this thread,what has happened to the polite/funny/helpful and informative threads that we all used to enjoy without the backbiting,surely everyone is entitled to their opinion's and belief's it would be a very sad world if they weren't.confused

glitabo Mon 10-Sep-12 22:02:28

grin
cheers

POGS Mon 10-Sep-12 21:40:38

glitabo

Just to be flippant. Who knows the secret of the black magic box?. grin

glitabo Mon 10-Sep-12 21:20:06

So if both threads lead to the same posting, is this the place for a natural conclusion?
Perhaps it could end here.
If so, does this need to go on the other thread as well?

Nonu Mon 10-Sep-12 21:19:02

Pogs I agree big time .

Anagram Mon 10-Sep-12 21:15:52

Well, you did ask the same question on both threads, POGS - and I must admit I thought my reply hadn't registered so replied again on the other thread...confused

gracesmum Mon 10-Sep-12 21:04:53

.....without ........computers?

POGS Mon 10-Sep-12 21:02:30

Am I going mad or has this thread just morphed into:-

Am I being unreasonable. To ask people to read posts before replying to them.

POGS Mon 10-Sep-12 20:32:52

Anagram.

Thank you, you are correct.

Just goes to show how many threads create the same old issues, they all mould into one eventually. confused

All too silly.

absentgrana Mon 10-Sep-12 20:12:28

Left wingers? The Labour Party? What? Ho, ho, ho.

absentgrana Mon 10-Sep-12 20:08:26

Pilloried AlisonMA?

Anagram Mon 10-Sep-12 20:07:24

No, POGS, it wasn't the Annecy thread which was deleted. It was the one started by AngieBaby. The Annecy thread is still there, if you search for it.

POGS Mon 10-Sep-12 20:03:49

Wasn't the Annecy thread deleted by G.N.?

If I am correct JO4 did have comments deleted and to be fair also made an apology. It was other comments by some G.N.'s that tipped the balance of so-called Forum Etiquette. It all got very silly.

glitabo Mon 10-Sep-12 19:57:36

Thank you.

JO4 Mon 10-Sep-12 19:50:44

The first paragraph in that post is to Glitabo. smile

JO4 Mon 10-Sep-12 19:48:14

The thread was started withg the intention of it being a very short interchange between Bags and me. It referred to, and yes, made light of, something Bags said in that thread. It was meant to make things better. I think it has done, between the two people involved - Bags and myself.

Greatnan this is difficult. Geraldine has said she doesn't want us to continue talking about the deleted thread. I made one small comment which I later said was inappropriate. It was wrong of me to say it and I got it deleted.

Please point me in the direction of serious threads which I have trivialised. Surely you are not harking back to that one - "What would you do if you were Prime Minister", where I said I would have a nice holiday at Chequers? Was that really so bad?

If you are looking for another quarrel, it isn't going to work because there is good tv on a Monday. smile

Nonu Mon 10-Sep-12 19:34:39

ouch !

glitabo Mon 10-Sep-12 19:31:43

JO4 you said that you started this post and now you do not know where it is going. It is my understanding that you lit the touch paper and then stood back.

Greatnan Mon 10-Sep-12 19:12:02

JO4 -having admitted your posts on the Annecy thread were inappropriate, you proceeded to be extremely rude to me. Why?
You frequently enter serious debates and trivialise them. Why?

JO4 Mon 10-Sep-12 18:55:20

I see. grin

Nonu Mon 10-Sep-12 18:54:28

J. I do but what it is , is like we used say to the children , only 2 more sleeps , Find it nice , but must be reverting ! hey hey . smile

JO4 Mon 10-Sep-12 18:51:44

As for "lying low" I don't recall doing that. Weekends are inclined to be family orientated.

JO4 Mon 10-Sep-12 18:49:38

soop on the thread you mention, I myself was very hurt previously to the post you are referring to. The thread has been deleted so I cannot check, but I am pretty sure I apologised.

I do not enjoy "stirring". I often seem to be at odds with the opinions of other posters on here, and when that happens I say so.

Feel free to avoid me on here. smile