Gransnet forums

Chat

I hope they are giving this bloke some counselling

(15 Posts)
jO5 Thu 20-Dec-12 18:31:23

I think it probably all got too much for him

I hope they didn't just dismiss him out of hand, thinking only of their own profits. hmm

vampirequeen Fri 21-Dec-12 07:47:58

OMG he must have totally lost the plot. Sitting all day listening to children ask for the impossible then having to find a way not to promise it to them must have pushed him over the edge.

I mean how could he not believe in Santa. He was one of Santa's official helpers so would have had a meeting with the man himself.

I hope Santa forgives him and keeps him on the nice list.

Nanado Fri 21-Dec-12 08:24:32

Sounds a bit suspicious to me. Only have this mother's word. He's been at it for years, no complaints before, then mother has complaints against someone else the same day so gets free meals.

Met people like her before. Lets hear Santa's side of it. After all he's the one who's lost his job.

jO5 Fri 21-Dec-12 09:13:15

Maybe he's someone who is doing the job because he loves children.

I repeat - IT MAY HAVE GOT ALL TOO MUCH FOR HIM! (in light of recent tragic events if you really need it spelt out)

It is possible you know.

I am not criticising him. Just hoping he is getting the help he needs. But I doubt it.

jO5 Fri 21-Dec-12 09:15:38

I am absolutely disgusted that the dominant reaction on Gransnet to this tragedy was to put forward your own views on American politics. Where is the sympathy for the children? This is "GRANSNET"! If we can't express our feelings on here asnd get an aprropriate reaction, it's a poor thing.

Nanado Fri 21-Dec-12 09:19:54

So you believe the mother JO?

Was that last post on the wrong thread perhaps?

jO5 Fri 21-Dec-12 09:26:41

It's on the right thread. Why would the parents lie?

Ana Fri 21-Dec-12 09:29:23

Presumably the children told their parents what Santa had said. Young children would hardly be likely to make up something like that!

dorsetpennt Fri 21-Dec-12 09:37:27

JO5 what are you talking about? No one on this thread has said anything about American politics and if they did it's their right. As you said on Gransnet it's there to express feelings. Sometimes I quite worry for you as you say the most odd things.
As for the childfren, I should imagine the 2 older ones know about Santa anyway - but the Santa chap had no right to say what he did.

Nanado Fri 21-Dec-12 09:45:56

I don't think the children did lie Ana . This is very bizarre.

Firstly, why should an experienced Santa suddenly turn rogue? He's never done this before and presumably was ok for the rest of the day or there would have been more complaints.
Secondly, why should a waiter make those kind of remarks? Again out of character.
Thirdly we've only the mother's word that any such thing happened. We've not had a chance to discuss it with the actual alleged victims or to hear Santa's version of events.
Fourthly, who gave the 'story' to the press and what did she have to gain? A free visit to Santa as doubtless the store refunded her money (or perhaps not, is that why she went public?) and we know she got free meals at the restaurant.
What did Santa have to gain by acting out of character? Nothing..he lost his job.

Ana Fri 21-Dec-12 09:57:26

I agree that it's bizarre, Nanado. The version of the story that I read yesterday didn't mention the incident with the balloon artist - a very odd coincidence that two strangers should choose to upset children in that manner on the very same day!

Riverwalk Fri 21-Dec-12 10:11:07

I think the mother needs counselling - she said it was 'the worse day of her life' - must have been a sheltered life. smile

Yes and poor Santa needs counselling, after all he lost his job!

jO5 Fri 21-Dec-12 10:49:05

Please don't worry for me dorsetpent. hmm

That was a very rude thing to say. Especially to someone you don't know!

I don't think I want to be on the same wavelength as some others on here.

jO5 Fri 21-Dec-12 10:51:07

Perhaps my comment at 9.15 ish should have been on another thread. The one about US gun laws.

I would have thought y9u could have worked that out for y0urself.

Nanado Fri 21-Dec-12 18:20:02

JO I've started doing that a lot recently. I think it's the cooking sherry.