Gransnet forums

Other subjects

Phoenix and Nellie?

(17 Posts)
Marelli Thu 16-May-13 11:15:55

Haven't heard for ages from Phoenix or Nellie/Smoluski. Are you both alright?
I know that phoenix could be busy with her new job, but it would be great to hear from her smile
And Nellie - how are you doing? smile

JessM Thu 16-May-13 12:18:03

I did Pm Phoenix a few weeks back and she sounded OK.

soop Thu 16-May-13 12:22:15

I miss NellieSmol - she had the gift of making people laugh. I trust that she's working [it's what she wanted]. flowers

Phoenix I trust that life is being kind to you. sunshine

Marelli Thu 16-May-13 13:38:15

That's good, JessM. smile Hopefully they are both so busy that GN's on the back-burner just now.

Gagagran Thu 16-May-13 13:53:20

I guessed that Phoenix must be pretty exhausted with getting to grips with her new job and travelling all over the west country. It does feel strange without her though - hope she can find a bit of time to tell us how it's all going. We retirees all hope that it's going well of course but if not then she needs us to cheer her up. smile

Also nelliesmol was going to start a new job wasn't she? Again let's hope that it too is going well and she is enjoying it. Would be lovely to hear though! smile

kittylester Thu 16-May-13 13:57:57

I've missed them both too! sunshine And echo all the other posts.

Movedalot Thu 16-May-13 14:16:55

I heard from Phoenx a few days ago, she is veyr busy and doing a lot of mileage. I think she is fine just busy.

Grannylin Thu 16-May-13 15:04:43

....and I've been wondering if vampire q and the original bikergran are ok

Grannyeggs Thu 16-May-13 15:36:31

Yes .It's sad if some of the originals have gone! Are there two*bikers*Grannylin, you say the "original' biker?

grannyactivist Thu 16-May-13 15:47:03

Yes, the original biker and Nellie/Smol both seemed to leave around the same time. sad

dustyangel Thu 16-May-13 15:47:07

I've been wondering about vampirequeen and bikergran as well, I'd presumed that Phoenix andSmoluski were working hard and didn't have time to post, and has anyone heard from Burgundygran?

janthea Thu 16-May-13 16:14:07

It's funny how people disappear for a while and then return by making a grand entrance (as all Gransnetters should!!)

Marelli Thu 16-May-13 19:22:37

I think Burgundygran added a post the other day, dustyangel? I had been concerned about bikergran, too - one of our originals. I hope she still looks at the threads and that things are alright for her and her family.

numberplease Thu 16-May-13 21:14:04

I miss Glitabo as well, met her at the Midlands meet up in Birmingham, and she was a very nice lady.

Ariadne Thu 16-May-13 21:26:59

Phoenix is, I know, tied up with her new job, which is very demanding, as movedsays. She just doesn't have any spare time at the moment. (mind you, that doesn't stop me but then, I don't work any more!)

And I agree tha smoluski is probably slogging her guts out too, bless her.

Thought I saw something from bikerand vq somewhere recently?

Anyway, love to them all!

Ana Thu 16-May-13 21:29:22

biker has certainly been posting recently - is she the old bikergran but with a shortened name?

Marelli Thu 16-May-13 21:32:15

I don't think so, Ana.