Gransnet forums

Chat

Royal baby name predictions here please.

(182 Posts)
shysal Tue 02-Jul-13 11:12:33

Can I be the first to predict the name? I think they will go with traditional.
Alice for a girl.
George for a boy.

gracesmum Tue 02-Jul-13 11:22:57

Well if it's not Wayne/Wanetta I think it might be Caroline/Charlotte for a girl and I'd go along with George for a boy.

Tegan Tue 02-Jul-13 11:24:39

Oh I love the name Alice. If I'd had another girl she would have been Alice, and if my daughter had had a girl she too would have been Alice. Given that Prince William is the same age as my son and I've always felt so fond of him [HRH that is] if he had an Alice I would take such an interest in watching her grow up. [Can't believe I'm saying this; I'll be sending cuddly toys next].

Gagagran Tue 02-Jul-13 11:25:25

I think Mary Victoria Elizabeth or George Charles Philip.

whenim64 Tue 02-Jul-13 11:56:50

They can't have Alice grin It's been taken by my gorgeous 20 month old grandaughter! grin

I would love to see a Waynetta or Rylan Windsor! About time they broke with tradition grin

glammanana Tue 02-Jul-13 12:09:10

I think Alice or Elizabeth or maybe Charlottehmm ? I'm undecided on boys names but they will no doubt go down the traditional route maybe Henry or Charles and we haven't had a Richard for a very long time have we.

Galen Tue 02-Jul-13 12:31:58

Phillipa? After grand dad of course!

kittylester Tue 02-Jul-13 12:36:13

I have a daughter named Elizabeth, one named Alice and a son named Richard - they will be in good company if they choose those grin

Iam64 Tue 02-Jul-13 13:04:14

kittylester - my daughters are also Elizabeth and Alice, and are pretty much the same age as William and Harry. If boys, our girls were to be called Harry and George, after their grandfathers. I can't imagine william and Kate calling their child anything other than a traditional, conventional name - no Zara's for them I suspect. I wonder if Dianna will be included if the baby is a girl? I can't recall Dianna's other names, but Charles has dozens to choose from if they decide to use one of the babe's grandparents name as a first or middle name. What a laugh eh? It sure won't be a Wayne, a Zane or a Chantelle

ninathenana Tue 02-Jul-13 13:04:54

Not really a prediction, but I like Alice or George

Mamie Tue 02-Jul-13 13:36:45

Queen Alice? Can't see it myself. I would say Elizabeth, but called one of the diminutives as a child, or George for a boy. Outside chance of Arthur?

nanaej Tue 02-Jul-13 13:48:25

perhaps they will go Welsh?? Myfanwy or Gawain?

gracesmum Tue 02-Jul-13 13:49:40

A propos of not very much, we have a DD named Elizabeth and SIL named Philip. They get a lot of teasing about whether any children they have will be Charles, Anne etc!

Mamie Tue 02-Jul-13 13:53:35

King Gawain has a rather strange ring to it, perhaps?

Galen Tue 02-Jul-13 13:57:47

How about David? Bet they won't go for Albert!

Riverwalk Tue 02-Jul-13 14:02:42

I'd be surprised if Diana and Elizabeth don't make an appearance.

annodomini Tue 02-Jul-13 14:27:30

Mary is due for a revival, or perhaps Victoria; George, with Philip as a middle name? King Arthur has a nice ring to it!

Iam64 Tue 02-Jul-13 14:33:36

I do like Arthur, and agree Mary is due for a revival, we have a family baby due in the autumn, a little girl who is to be called Poppy Mary - don't suppose the royals will add Poppy to any of their baby's names. Kate and William's spaniel is called Ludo isn't he? That's another name ruled out

merlotgran Tue 02-Jul-13 14:43:56

Caroline or Charlotte for a girl with Elizabeth and Diana in there somewhere.

George or Albert for a boy (prefer Arthur or Richard)

Sook Tue 02-Jul-13 15:01:33

How about James? I have a James who is a few months older than Prince William. My James has William for a middle name and unlike the prince has a beautiful mop of wavy hair grin

Sook Tue 02-Jul-13 15:05:31

PS He has always gets his full title too. From a young age he would always correct anyone very sweetly who attempted to call him Jim, Jimmy or Jamie. I's not Jimmy, I's James

Sook Tue 02-Jul-13 15:06:24

Pedants not sure if those apostrophes should be there confused

Mamie Tue 02-Jul-13 15:24:20

I think there would be too much unhappy royal history around Charlotte, David and James.

JessM Tue 02-Jul-13 15:44:11

They won't go for David because that is what the family called the queen's disreputable uncle if I remember correctly (one who abdicated). Not an episode they wish to remember.
Given Kate's non royal roots maybe they will break with tradition and go for
Jayson if it is a boy and Kayleigh if it is a girl.

janeainsworth Tue 02-Jul-13 15:52:23

It might be nice if they rehabilitated Princess Margaret and called the baby after her.
Arthur would be lovely for a boy, and I think is one of Charles' names- Diana got it in the wrong order at the wedding, didn't she?