Gransnet forums

Chat

Royal baby name predictions here please.

(183 Posts)
shysal Tue 02-Jul-13 11:12:33

Can I be the first to predict the name? I think they will go with traditional.
Alice for a girl.
George for a boy.

ginny Thu 25-Jul-13 22:20:59

I have been out and about over the last couple of day and I can't remember anyone talking about the birth or the names. I wonder where all these people who are so excited about it live. Certainly not around here.

j08 Thu 25-Jul-13 22:34:46

Too far to go on bike. Bunting can be arranged though. smile

Nonu Fri 26-Jul-13 13:48:56

Ginny , they don"t live round here either, not a peep !

Gorki Fri 26-Jul-13 14:05:58

I was on a train yesterday with some thirty something office workers off to the Isle of Wight on a team building exercise/jolly. In the course of conversation one of them mentioned what the new baby was to be called and most of the others expressed surprise: they hadn't heard that he had been given a name. They immediately turned to another topic. Passing interest only -certainly no excitement from that age group.

j08 Fri 26-Jul-13 14:27:53

There is a tea shop in Bucklebury. Off we go. smile

We will visit the general store and look at their supply of nappies and baby wipes.

It's gonna be a fun afternoon.

pinkprincess Fri 26-Jul-13 23:44:57

My DS1 is Alexander but is known as Alex.He was named after DH's late father.
My DGD3 is Georgia.She was born on the anniversary of her mother's grandfather's death and his name was George.
We don't have a Louis in the family though.
My DGD4 is called Kate.
My paternal grandfather's real name was Francis but for some reason he was always known as Harry.

Please excuse this drivel but some of my family's names are my only connection with royalty.Have got to get my oar in somehow.

Granny23 Sat 27-Jul-13 01:09:32

My GN is George but called Doddie (He lives in Aberdeenshire).
My DGS is Alexander but always called Sandy
My DGD1 is Kate

I wish these Royals would stop copying our names wink