Gransnet forums

Chat

Harry Potter Exhibition

(11 Posts)
Tegan Fri 27-Dec-13 19:01:19

They were going to go any way [when I spoke to her about it last night she then told me they were planning a visit in February when they visit my niece]. And the S.O.'s nephew [who told me about it yesterday] is going soon also. His girlfriend has been involved with it in some way.

KatyK Fri 27-Dec-13 16:56:03

I hope they enjoy it. I didn't fancy it at all, but it was great. Don't want to exaggerate though in case it was just me ! The girls loved it and have been back for a second visit.

Tegan Fri 27-Dec-13 16:51:37

Beginning to wish I was going as well, now!

KatyK Fri 27-Dec-13 16:48:11

GD's friend spent £70 in the shop! GD would have done the same if her mother hadn't been there. All in all, I would highly recommend the place.

Tegan Fri 27-Dec-13 16:46:36

They're not taking the three year old anyway now [my niece lives close by and she's going to look after him]. All the figures are expensive now, as they have become collectors items.

KatyK Fri 27-Dec-13 16:38:17

Tegan - There is a shop (VERY expensive). They sell lots of stuff - I can't remember if they sold figures, but I would imagine they do. I don't think a 6 year old would be disappointed. I'm not sure about a 3 year old, I wouldn't like to give advice in case I told you the wrong thing. There were some very little ones there but I'm not sure. It's not scarey, just fascinating but then I'm not 3! Wouldn't like to advise as I said. They have a website and may give some age guides on there. I don't think it would give away endings etc, it's just and exhibition of figures, clothing, film sets etc. However, they do give a short talk at the start (geared to children) but I can't remember what was said.

Tegan Fri 27-Dec-13 15:37:37

Oh and if he hasn't yet read [or had read to him] all the books, will the exhibition give away the ending?

Tegan Fri 27-Dec-13 15:30:47

Thank you so much for that, Katy! We didn't want to build it up for him in case he was disappointed. By the way, do they sell Harry Potter figures there? Would a 3 year old be scared if he went along as well, or would it be better for the 6 year old to go on his own with mum and dad?

KatyK Fri 27-Dec-13 14:38:59

Oh and they can have their photo taken on a broomstick, wearing a Harry Potter cloak, choose their backdrop and the photo makes them look as though they are flying over tower bridge or whichever backdrop they choose. They have to join a queue but it didn't take too long, the girls were
thrilled with the pics. grin

KatyK Fri 27-Dec-13 14:36:27

Tegan - I've been it's pretty fantastic. It's wonderful for all ages. There were adults there without children, there were little children dressed in their Harry Potter garb. The excitement of the children was wonderful to see and the staff were great. I had never seen a Harry Potter film or read the books and I was awestruck. I went along with my DD, DGD and DGD's friend, as my SIL had to drop out. The girls were 12 at the time but there were lots of younger children there. All the props/film set stuff is there, there are magical things going on like cauldrons stirring by themselves. There are 2 parts to it, when you've been in the main part you go out into a court yard where they have more props from the film (a bus etc) and then into a second part where they have a life sized model of Hogwarts. From the minute you get there until you leave, the children are made to feel very special, as though they are a part of it all. I knew hardly anything about Harry Potter but I loved it.

Tegan Fri 27-Dec-13 11:19:56

Has anyone been to the Harry Potter exhibition in Watford? My 6 year old grandson is mad about Harry Potter but I'm not sure if the exhibition is aimed at much older people, although I believe they are going to build a Harry Potter theme park there soon.