Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm in a worse state than I thought

(11 Posts)
Kiora Tue 31-Dec-13 12:28:36

according to the unsolicited e-mails I have been getting today offering me Compensation from an accident I didn't know I'd had. Help with claiming compensation from a lender i'v never lent from. Help with debts I haven't got. Advice about taking private Heath insurance because the NHS is going down the toilet. Diets because I'm fat ( this is true but how did they know?) There haven't just been a few I have been inundated. I'm sick of pressing delete delete delete. Who sends all this stuff I have never had anything to do with these company's. Well apart from the dieting one!

ninathenana Tue 31-Dec-13 12:45:35

Were there any telling you about the new wonder treatment for depression that you now have due to all your spam e-mails ? smile

dollie Tue 31-Dec-13 14:12:56

easy option change your email address..

some companies you use on line where you have to give your email address ie register or purchase on line sell on your email address to other companies and thats how you get so much spam...

janeainsworth Tue 31-Dec-13 14:21:47

Just block the senders Kiora
I keep getting adverts on my FB page telling me some hunk 'likes' my photos and has left a message!
How tempting is that!
grin

JessM Tue 31-Dec-13 14:28:49

You been filling in online forms and not un-ticking the box that gives consent for them to send you info and share your data, by any chance?

Kiora Tue 31-Dec-13 15:06:54

Ooh I like the sound of that Jane do you get photos? As far as I know Jess I'm not un ticking the box. I'm a creature of habit and also a bit of a techno idiot so I'm not changing my e-mail address Dollie so I'll just have to keep pressing the button. Is it all done automatically or is some poor sod somewhere putting my e-mail in manually.

Ana Tue 31-Dec-13 15:11:03

Instead of just deleting them, send them to 'junk', Kiora. That way at least you won't get any more emails from that particular company as your provider will block them. If you simply delete them they'll keep coming!

thatbags Tue 31-Dec-13 15:12:36

It happens automatically. There should be and "unsubscribe" button/link in each of the emails. Worth doing before you delete them to stop any more from the same people.

Kiora Tue 31-Dec-13 21:56:57

Thanks I try

Deedaa Tue 31-Dec-13 22:18:22

You have to be careful with unsubscribe buttons because sometimes they just want you to click on it. I tend to give my email address to as few people as possible and just delete the spam.

susieb755 Tue 31-Dec-13 23:16:09

I have 2 emails - one for all the websites I sign up /freebies/competitions that send me annoying emails, and one for real stuff....