Gransnet forums

Chat

Dame Helen Twerking

(6 Posts)
whenim64 Thu 07-Aug-14 11:06:11

I'm not that interested in HM twerking, but if it helps to undermine the trend for children copying Rihanna and Miley doing it, then good for her.

HollyDaze Thu 07-Aug-14 10:38:39

Your last line henetha did make me smile.

Until she hit the headlines as being the 'poster girl' for older women, I have to say I was largely unaware of her.

I didn't like to see her twerking but that has more to do with twerking which I think looks, erm, basic - another version of the slut drop ....

suebailey1 Thu 07-Aug-14 10:37:58

Yes I do think she is a bit up herself but I didn't think this was that bad at least she was fully clothed which she hasn't always been! Did love prime Suspect - I think Hermione Norris is the better actress.

Lona Thu 07-Aug-14 10:18:50

I think she's always been slightly irritating, and certainly never been afraid to put it all out there!

Great actress though.

henetha Thu 07-Aug-14 10:08:07

Helen Mirren, - great actress, lovely lady. She's showing the youngsters
that oldies have fun too... or something like that.
So, why do I find Helen faintly irritating in recent years? Has it all gone to her head, just a little bit???
Or, am I just deeply jealous of her looks, figure, success???? confused

HollyDaze Thu 07-Aug-14 09:51:00

Helen Mirren has split opinion regarding her twerking:

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossip/omg/helen-mirren-twerking-totally-beats-miley-cyrus-cheryl-cole-harry-styles-et-al-104821484.html?vp=1

Do you think she is giving younger folks a run for their money, knows how to still have fun or has she gone a step too far?

(is it possible to do straight video links on here rather than FMs going to a linked page?)