Gransnet forums

Chat

Newspaper from Friday 13th.

(11 Posts)
Tegan Tue 17-Feb-15 13:16:49

Has anyone still got last Fridays newspaper still? My son wants copies from babies birth day; I kept The telegraph from that day but have just looked at it and there's some grease on it [must have read it whilst eaiting breakfast sad]. Just thought someone that might be coming to any meet ups in the future [East Midlands, Birmingham or Edinburgh] could hang on to them and pass on at some point. We bought papers when DD's children were born but I don't think she bothered with the idea whereas DS [who I didn't think would bother] asked me last night for them. Thanks in advance.

sunseeker Tue 17-Feb-15 15:50:44

You could try writing to the newspaper and asking if they have a spare copy

Wheniwasyourage Tue 17-Feb-15 16:27:58

Is it just the Telegraph you want? If not, I can send you a copy of Friday's Herald if that's of any interest and if you PM me your address. I have to point out that one of the Sudokus and part of the crossword have been done!

annodomini Tue 17-Feb-15 17:10:07

Sorry Tegan, too late! The recycling bin was emptied today!

It has often occurred to me that I would like to see not the newspaper published on my birth date but the one published the day after, so that I could see what was reported about events on the day I was born. I was born the day FD Roosevelt was elected for the third time. The reports would be on the next and subsequent days.

Tegan Tue 17-Feb-15 17:22:47

I hadn't thought of that. It's recycling day here as well, hence my panic. I'm sure I've got Saturdays Independant somewhere [papers float around my hours for weeks, months, sometimes years]. When; can you hang on to that Herald for a while and I'll get back to you about it smile.

Katek Tue 17-Feb-15 20:12:50

Try posting on Freecycle/Freegle or any other wanted/offers pages in your area. FB often has local pages or check main library and see what they've still got. Small ad in your local paper might also get good response or ad in local shop.

Ana Tue 17-Feb-15 20:38:26

I thought you could actually order specific copies of newspapers, but I may be wrong.

ninathenana Tue 17-Feb-15 21:22:30

I believe newsagents send back returns on a weekly basis. Might be worth asking. Although I don't know if there's some silly rule that says you can't buy them.

Galen Tue 17-Feb-15 21:26:44

I've checked with er next door who normally hoards them, but she hasn't got any! Sorry!

Ana Tue 17-Feb-15 21:26:54

www.historic-newspapers.co.uk/?source=webgains&siteid=79607&utm_source=webgains&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=79607

Tegan Tue 17-Feb-15 22:13:25

I've got The Sunday Telegraph which looks as though it's hardly been read [we were probably too shell shocked to read it on Sunday] so I reckon that'll do. If they want a diferent one from 13th I'll contact Ana's site. My ex [who did really sweet things sometimes] got me a copy of The Times from my birthday but it was very expensive. To be honest, I only looked at it to see which horses were running on that day wink.