Gransnet forums

Chat

Last night I dreamt

(30 Posts)
morethan2 Fri 11-Dec-15 07:55:39

About my mum who died in 1979. I wish I hadn't because now I'm feeling wretched. Weeping and grief stricken all over again. I dreamt about her a lot in the first two years, then intermittently and less as time went on. Birthdays and anniversaries mostly. But nothing at all in the last five years. Last night I was with one of my sisters ( who hasn't spoken to me since my dad died about two years ago) and my mother was waiting for me. She showed me were she was living and said it was lovely. She asked about my children and I went to get some photos and when I returned she'd gone. I wandered round this strange tidy house looking for her until someone said very matter of factly Oh she's gone. I ran out to see if I could catch up with her. Then woke up in this state. What a bummer!sad Any of you had a similar dream after so long?

Sugarpufffairy Mon 14-Dec-15 14:54:23

Daddima - Thanks for that information. I have had 2 close deaths and a number of other deaths and various other losses of different types such as the loss of my health due to the stresses and strains. I think I should contact Cruse and see if I can get help there.
I have had dreams where I have seen my mum in a nice place, my dad sitting up in his coffin demanding to have the current situation explained to him and twice I have dreamed of "sorting out" a person who is alive but very difficult to deal with and nasty to me. I would never have the nerve to do that in real life! Maybe that is the hint.
Thanks for clarifying this.
SPF

Daddima Mon 14-Dec-15 17:41:59

SPF, very interesting that you have recognised the loss of your health as a " loss" .

A big part of my work was counselling people who had received a terminal diagnosis, as this was most definitely recognised as a bereavement, as they had " lost" what they may have perceived as their future.

Jaxie Mon 14-Dec-15 18:05:45

Thanks morethan2 for your kind and sensible words. I had a dream too about an old friend who appeared beaming all over his face and telling me how happy he was. Maybe there is personal survival after death, or maybe, as Thomas Hardy says, we are only truly dead when we no longer live on in peoples' memories.

Sugarpufffairy Wed 16-Dec-15 14:11:16

Daddima - My S.O. and I were caring for our respective last parent each. His parent died before mine. He became ill and died while I was still caring. 8 months later my final parent died.
My health problems are not exactly terminal but they are rest of life and quite life important. It is also isolating as I cant do things others take for granted such as meals out or with family.
We had not known what would happen but had talked of moving away and starting a business. With S.O. being the qualified person and the effects this business would have on my health, this too is something I lost. The future is not what I had in mind at all. Being a woman alone I seem to be a bit of a target for some dodgy people. I am fighting back with them and trying to live as near normal a life as I can but it is really hard. This is why I am so interested in what you said
SPF