Gransnet forums

Chat

In need of a little rant!

(11 Posts)
GannyRowe Tue 09-Aug-16 13:05:41

Just got back from the shops! Why oh why is it that as you reverse out of the parking space other drivers take the reversing lights being on as a direct order to speed up, and nip through the narrowing gap! It's as if they think waiting a few seconds for me to drive off would be the end of the world!!! Grrrrrrrr!!

Teetime Tue 09-Aug-16 15:40:23

I know people get cross with me in car parks because I always want to reverse in and drive out- they seem to think that's strange but its easier. In this town all the indicator lights have been removed from vehicles as well as rear view mirrors- strange!! grin

ninathenana Tue 09-Aug-16 16:11:33

Our town too Tegan
I must admit I park nose in in supermarket car park as it's easier to load the boot.
It's not just drivers that wind me up in car parks. It's the pedestrians that walk behind you while your in the middle of reversing out of a space and you have to stop mid manoeuvre angry

GannyRowe Tue 09-Aug-16 23:10:38

Not just when driving, if you need to have a little rant about anything, feel free!!

Ilrina Wed 10-Aug-16 00:00:13

I would like to rant about people who leave litter lying around. I have always put my litter in a bin since being a child, if there was no bin I took it home with me. It isn't difficult , and if everyone did it our world would be a safer and nicer place. I have seen people chuck litter on the ground even when standing right next to a bin. Yes I DID say something, and yes I DID get a mouthful of abuse back. grrr
The other thing which makes me rant, and extremely angry is cruelty of any sort.
Rant over...for now at least!

GannyRowe Wed 10-Aug-16 09:50:25

Well said Ilrina! I wish there was a device you could use to send each piece of litter back to its depositor's home, preferably before they got home themselves! That would give them a shock!

Ilrina Wed 10-Aug-16 15:15:54

What a good idea GannyRowe. Get your thinking cap on and invent something. There seems to be an app for everything these days, why not for this? grin

rosesarered Wed 10-Aug-16 15:26:07

grin there was a One Foot In The Grave episode where Meldrew did exactly that, posting rubbish through a letterbox.
I am a litter hater too, and often pick up things near the house, presumably lobbed from passing cars into a hedgerow.

rosesarered Wed 10-Aug-16 15:28:10

I never ever reverse into a supermarket parking space (why do it?) it always looks tricky to do and it means the boot of the car is the wrong way to put shopping into.

HootyMcOwlface Wed 10-Aug-16 15:38:52

I like the story a friend told me - a couple lived on a busy main road near some traffic lights, the chap happened to see someone throw his chip papers out of the car window and they then pulled up at the traffic lights. He nipped out quick as a flash, picked up the papers, opened the car door, threw them back in, and said " you dropped something!"

Carol1ne63 Wed 10-Aug-16 16:41:46

I had a little rant on a different post and then I found yours!

I was ranting about rail travel and people with feet on the seats, bags on the seats, hiding behind dark glasses and totally ignoring those needing a seat.

And, people much younger than me failing to offer seats to those who did need them. What happened to chivalry and respect?

Grrrrr.