Gransnet forums

Chat

Slugs!

(15 Posts)
Wobblybits Sat 15-Oct-16 20:13:33

My eyebrows are more like pigeons nests than slugs

Deedaa Sat 15-Oct-16 20:06:41

In the case of the young girls that I see the black slug eyebrows normally go with orange foundation that finishes on the chin line.

However, as eyebrows are definitely IN at the moment I have started enhancing mine a LITTLE.

yggdrasil Sat 15-Oct-16 15:17:06

That's what I thought too Monica :-)
I have just moved house, and here they do not get indoors like they did in the old one. It was not nice to go into the kitchen of a morning and slip on a squidgy lump of slime

Muddy Sat 15-Oct-16 14:38:15

Or wear glasses with biggish frames , in a flattering colour , not only does it hide offending brows , but it would seem to be bang on trend .

phoenix Mon 19-Sep-16 18:46:24

I know exactly what you mean, Everthankful! It seems to be a current fashion among certain groups.

Apart from the odd grey, my eyebrows remain quite dark, which I feel looks a bit odd with my hair!

pensionpat Mon 19-Sep-16 13:48:56

Sits just a fashion. Apparently they use a template and colour in the space. That's why they look so unnatural.

Coolgran65 Mon 19-Sep-16 13:46:04

Slug eyebrows.... OTT

Coolgran65 Mon 19-Sep-16 13:45:30

I use an Avon Glimmerstick eyebrow propelling pencil in blonde or else brownish eyeshadow. Both work well.

Riverwalk Mon 19-Sep-16 13:29:44

Elizabeth Taylor's eyebrows were once described as flattened tadpoles! grin

M0nica Mon 19-Sep-16 13:15:55

Oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about slugs. I had decided to start a thread on that this morning when on my walk when yet another huge (6inches/15cm) slug, slithered across the path in front of me. There are a hundreds of them about this year, in every colour you can think of, all out and proud on pavements and drive ways.

I have thought of treading of them, but they are so big..............

As for eyebrows, I do not dislike them.

Granny23 Mon 19-Sep-16 10:19:03

Grow a long full fringe - problem solved

cornergran Mon 19-Sep-16 10:07:57

I use brown eyeshadow and a brush on mine, think it looks ok............hmm

tanith Mon 19-Sep-16 10:01:53

Some girls do overdo it I agree, I think they darken it so much you can't actually see any real hair anymore. I do try to darken the sparse hair I do have a little I find if I use the side of the pencil rather than the point it will just deepen the colour enough to show they at least exist grin Older women really shouldn't have really dark brows unless they are naturally dark I see some with the line 'drawn'in and it looks frankly ridiculous if its also thin. So its not only youngsters who get the look totally wrong.

shysal Mon 19-Sep-16 09:36:53

I agree, but I do feel I need to define my eyebrows now that they are sparse and lighter in colour. I have only found one brand of pencil that is grey brown, most are too dark or orange.
Do the people with the brows you describe remove all the hairs? It looks like it. The tattoo ones can look slightly more natural but cost hundreds of pounds!

Everthankful Mon 19-Sep-16 09:13:38

Why is it considered necessary nowadays to have big, black, geometric slugs on ones face, above where eyebrows used to be! They look awful and make me cringe