Gransnet forums

Chat

Give me my car back

(11 Posts)
morethan2 Tue 15-Nov-16 19:46:46

I think my complaint to their website did hurry them along. I got it back yesterday. I'm so glad to have it back. It's made me realise how hard it must be when people loose their licence through ill Heath.

ninathenana Sun 13-Nov-16 08:10:16

That's annoying morethan it came from their website. So another black mark for them !

morethan2 Sun 13-Nov-16 08:06:01

Thanks for the information ninathenana I did try but it 'pinged' back as unsent. But I do appreciate your time and effort getting the information. I'll have to ring tommorow. I haven't checked the mouse situation out, I know it's daft but one I'm frightened of that sort of thing and two I know I'll get a bit " oh woe is me" my husband is due back this evening he can go and look or my son who's bringing his family over for dinner. So much for enforced peace and quiet I thought I might get. I hope a small chicken can be shared between myself, two adults and three children.

Jalima Sat 12-Nov-16 10:24:33

It's not just an inconvenience for you - it's a major upheaval as you need your car for work and other people rely on you.

They need to pay for a hire car for you if they have none available themselves.
I hope you have success

ninathenana Sat 12-Nov-16 09:48:47

[email protected]

There you go morethan

morethan2 Sat 12-Nov-16 08:40:20

Perhaps they'll lend me a ? it's Halfords grin I've never tweeted in my life so wouldn't know where to start. I wouldn't even know how to get in touch with the CEO. Thanks for the suggestions though. It's just one more worry though isn't it. Just looked at some meat I took out to defrost last and I think I've got a mouse. It's often the smallest of thing that push us over the edge. Bugger bother

Badenkate Sat 12-Nov-16 08:22:51

Can't agree more Anya. Name and shame as much as you can.

ninathenana Sat 12-Nov-16 08:17:55

I suspect morethan is dealing with kwikfit too wink

Anya Sat 12-Nov-16 07:22:14

Tweet this, naming the firm, loud and clear. If you don't tweet then get friends and family to do it. Then find their FB page and post on that. Finally use CEO email and email their CEO. I've had great success with the latter in particular.

They will not like the adverse publicity.

Caretaker Sat 12-Nov-16 07:09:14

They should pay for you to hire a car. They broke the clip they are at fault. If they disagree i would suggest you hire the car and send the bill to their head office threatening county court action. I took my car into kwick fit for a so called "free brakes test" they wanted me to leave the car with them for 2/3 hours. As I was leaving the garage I met an old friend and we were talking on the garage forecourt. I noticed the garage man drive my car on to a ramp and raised the car up in the air he was stabbing the exhaust pipe with a screw driver. Later when I returned surprise surprise they told me my exhaust pipe had holes in it. After I had protested that I and a witness had seen them make the holes they fitted a new one free of charge. I would never go there again.

morethan2 Sat 12-Nov-16 06:44:59

I took my little car ? into a major mot centre for a new clutch on Thursday. When I went to pick it up they said they'd broken a clip and it wouldn't be ready till Tuesday. I work in the community visiting clinics and people's homes, I can't go that long without my car. I've had to take Friday off. Some of you know I look after my grandchildren over the weekend. Well I haven't been able to do that. (Hush don't tell but the peace and quiet has been lovely) there's no way I can take time off in the week. The staff are very complacent about it, I've told them they've put me in a very difficult position, I've email head office this morning. It's only an mot / tyre fitting premises so they don't do courtesy cars I just don't know what to do next. Any suggestions?