Gransnet forums

Chat

Dreaming in colour.....

(14 Posts)
Persistentdonor Sat 12-Nov-16 10:10:01

I have been a "bad sleeper" all my life, but since retirement I sleep much better, and sometimes I even dream!

Oddly I seem to dream in colour... recently I was in a housing estate where the buildings, pavements and traffic areas were different colours; primrose, aqua and lilac. shock

Is this normal? Does everyone else dream in colour? hmm

Ana Sat 12-Nov-16 10:16:13

I certainly do - why wouldn't you?

jordana Sat 12-Nov-16 10:17:36

I read an article ages ago that we don't dream in colour, but I always have

Elegran Sat 12-Nov-16 10:20:01

I do.

yggdrasil Sat 12-Nov-16 10:23:02

I dream in colour, with sound and smells too. I sometimes have a problem knowing if I am awake or asleep. smile
I have also heard it said you can't read writing in dreams. This is also wrong, I can read books, letters and all sorts of stuff

Jalima Sat 12-Nov-16 10:25:50

Yes, but not such lovely colours as primrose, aqua and lilac.

Just normal but possibly muted colours.

Mumsy Sat 12-Nov-16 10:36:18

Ive always dreamt in colour dont think Ive ever dreamt in black and white!

jollyg Sat 12-Nov-16 11:09:12

M colours are vibrant as are the flying ones. What memories.

rosesarered Sat 12-Nov-16 11:13:42

Oh yes, always in colour, isn't it dogs that dream in black and white? Odd that isn't it?

rosesarered Sat 12-Nov-16 11:14:24

I agree, muted colours rather than bright ones.

henetha Sat 12-Nov-16 11:20:29

Absolutely yes. Definitely dream in colour regularly, and always have. My earliest memories of colourful dreams are of bombs exploding in the war, and I dreamt this for years afterwards.

FarNorth Sat 12-Nov-16 13:55:38

I don't dream in interesting colours like yours, Persistentdonor, just in normal ones.
I have often read things in dreams too but sometimes I get the "out of focus" thing when trying to read something.

Persistentdonor Sun 13-Nov-16 10:37:00

Thank you for all your answers Ladies. flowers

How on earth could scientists determine that dogs dream in monochrome?

It still feels quite strange to me when I wake being able to remember having a dream, but hopefully I will start to get used to it!! smile

SueDonim Sun 13-Nov-16 13:54:53

I've always had vivid dreams. Last night I dreamed that the only clothing available to me was a pile of men's shirts and I had to concoct an outfit from a selection of colours and patterns. Madness! grin