Gransnet forums

Chat

Blessing solar panels

(21 Posts)
Deedaa Mon 06-Aug-18 22:06:27

I saw that one Auntieflo I rather liked the idea that the statue of St. Barbara would stay underground. It's an incredible enterprise isn't it? So massive and yet so much of it is done a few inches at a time.

Auntieflo Mon 06-Aug-18 17:42:16

I watched those wonderful programmes on the Super Sewer and there was a bit where a Bishop? blessed the cutting head before it went underground. IMO he didn't do a good job, and seemed almost a bit bored (sorry) Perhaps I got it wrong

danielhowell Mon 06-Aug-18 12:56:46

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Candlefran Wed 23-Nov-16 18:23:25

Oxford bish. He started it all, back in 2012. In Deddington.

Candlefran Wed 23-Nov-16 18:20:27

They're all at it! Hereford one. With a nice matching hat. Sweet.

Jalima Wed 23-Nov-16 18:10:28

Haven't seen any sun since he blessed them
Oh dear

Candlefran Wed 23-Nov-16 18:05:00

Totally barmy. confused

(I think it's him being irreverant!)

ffinnochio Wed 23-Nov-16 17:13:26

Does he have legs? Is he hovering? Is he modelling the latest outerwear for fashion conscious clergy? Will the solar panels provide more energy now ther're blessed?

#somanyquestions

rosesarered Wed 23-Nov-16 17:03:55

Better to be blessed than cursed!

Jalima Wed 23-Nov-16 16:52:41

irreverent?

Jalima Wed 23-Nov-16 16:52:07

I shouldn't be irrevent, but I must say he does look as if he may have flown up there

Candlefran Wed 23-Nov-16 14:50:08

I'm picturing him now with a hard hat, on a bungee jump thing, with a cupcake in his hand.

Candlefran Wed 23-Nov-16 14:49:03

Why did he need to go up there to bless them? Couldn't he have sent blessings up from the ground?

At first, on reading the OP, I thought he bungee jumped up there. But he didn't,did he? confused

Luckygirl Wed 23-Nov-16 13:31:04

I'm all for blessing co-ordination!

Jalima Wed 23-Nov-16 13:18:07

It was on our local news thatbags and the funny things was that it was absolutely throwing it down with rain all day long!

On the same day:
Flood Alerts across Gloucestershire was reported.

Jayh Wed 23-Nov-16 12:31:15

Blessing things is his job.

Elegran Wed 23-Nov-16 10:50:25

I daresay the rest of the cathedral was already suitably blest/consecrated, and he wanted it all to match.

Elegran Wed 23-Nov-16 10:49:13

Hard hat in case he falls off the roof? I don't think he can fly. Tying on an elastic bungee card could have provided another safety feature.

chocolatepudding Wed 23-Nov-16 09:49:11

I second DaphneBroon's post. I try to run the washing machine and the dishwasher and do the ironing when the sun is shining. If there is plenty of sunshine on a winter's day the ground source heat pump runs too - using all that lovely solar energy.grin

DaphneBroon Wed 23-Nov-16 09:39:27

Whenever we get the cheque from Scottish Power for our feed-in tariff, I bless our solar panels!! ?

thatbags Wed 23-Nov-16 09:31:20

There is a photo in today's Times of the Very Reverend Steven Lake, Dean of Gloucester, blessing the solar panels that have been installed on the roof of the nave of the cathedral.

I don't think I understand blessing. What a wacky thing to do!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining, just saying I think it's a wacky thing to do... like bungee jumping to dip a biscuit in a cup of tea 75 metres below and stuff like that.

Of course, it goes without saying (as the saying goes), I respect people's right to do harmless wacky things. I don't necessarily respect the things though, whatever their entertainment value. This one's high on the weird entertainment value list smile.

Oh yes, the icing on the cake is that he's wearing a hard hat. In case the sky falls, I suppose grin