Gransnet forums

Chat

Losing weight fast

(24 Posts)
PinkCakes Fri 24-Jul-20 14:12:05

I've just seen that this original post was from March 2017 so perhaps she's wasted away - or ballooned up grin

PinkCakes Fri 24-Jul-20 14:10:38

Exante or Diet Now (look at both websites). They are shakes containing every vitamin and mineral the body needs. For 2 weeks, you have 3 shakes a day, during which time you should lose 1 stone easily (I lost 10lb the first week), and after that, 2 shakes plus a meal or protein bar, for 10 more weeks.

Be warned, though, that when you go back to "normal" eating, the weight will gradually go back on.

sahrenity Fri 24-Jul-20 11:27:24

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

vampirequeen Tue 04-Feb-20 10:38:41

I use MyFitnessPlan. Easy to use website. The food diary is useful and I love to look at graphs in the report section that show how well I'm doing lol.

Londonwifi Mon 03-Feb-20 19:43:50

Have a look at Louise Parker. I used her eating plan and lost 1stone in a fortnight. There is no calorie counting, just good, healthy, delicious food. I never felt hungry. Good luck.

SalsaQueen Sun 24-Nov-19 19:16:23

try Exante, which is like the Cambridge Diet but without having to go to a meeting. The diet consists of shakes, bars, etc., and you can lose 1 stone in a fortnight, easily.
I've done the diet - but the weight will go back on.

Jeff1 Sun 24-Nov-19 04:11:32

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

M0nica Tue 07-Mar-17 19:10:45

LadyGracie, I am and I am.

grannypiper Tue 07-Mar-17 15:53:07

I am with you LadyGraciegrin

Jalima Tue 07-Mar-17 15:49:27

I am trying to convince myself that missing lunch (apart from a banana and a pear) is healthy
hmm
my head is beginning to ache now.

LadyGracie Tue 07-Mar-17 15:47:42

I'd like to lose weight and still eat

M0nica Tue 07-Mar-17 10:48:01

The statement that a pound of fat equals 3500 calories is only an average. There is a considerable variation in metabolic rates between individuals. This has been highlighted recently by programmes on tv and also R4

gettingonabit Sun 05-Mar-17 17:32:56

I believe a pound loss equates to an undereat of 3500 cals. So if you need to lose a stone you need to undereat by 3500x14 calories, over however long you've got to lose the weight.

Easy to work out using, say, MFP.

I lose a pound a week on 1200 cals plus 10000 steps factored in.

Anya Sun 05-Mar-17 16:57:10

It's quite healthy to miss meals. In fact recent research suggests it's actually good for you to fast.

HildaW Sun 05-Mar-17 16:49:30

Ana, you are so right......quick weight loss will always be more about fluid than fat.....which is why exercise is so good. It firms and builds muscle which will 'slim' you and help to burn more calories which will reduce the fat stores. Where the fat goes from is also dependent on your underlying body type.

Jalima Sun 05-Mar-17 16:48:41

I see it disappearing from my forearms and lower legs quite rapidly but it stays very stubbornly around my middle and backside.

#teletubby

Ana Sun 05-Mar-17 16:45:41

And be aware that any weight you lose might not be from the areas you want!

HildaW Sun 05-Mar-17 16:41:33

I also think WHY you feel the need to loose 1 stone quickly is an important factor?
If for medical reasons then you need to be very careful as rapid weight loss brings its own problems such as upsetting body chemistry and blood pressure.

If its purely cosmetic for an occasion then far more sensible to restyle yourself with a good stylist as 14lbs is easy enough to camouflage with good tailoring. If its just to hit a target for a bet?....then perhaps a couple of weeks of soup and vitamin tablets might be an answer....but do be careful.....any Doctor would warn you off.

Far better to slowly change your diet and take up a variety of different and varied activities. There really is no substitute for getting up and moving....and targeting areas with weights or resistance training.

M0nica Sun 05-Mar-17 15:20:57

What do you mean by quickly and how overweight are you in total? Both these facts are significant to any suggestions for weight loss.

Lazigirl Sun 05-Mar-17 14:12:23

Take a look at the Low Carb Support thread. I have found it really helpful.

shysal Sun 05-Mar-17 14:12:10

For a quick fix, for a special occasion for instance, this diet should work, but you are likely to put the weight back on when you return to more normal eating. I did it once, sticking to it rigidly for the week and it didn't cause constipation or any other side effects. It works out at roughly 500 calories per day. I forget how much weight I lost, I think it was about 10lb, but they claim a stone can come off.
Good luck!
blog.slimmingsolutions.com/all/the-1-week-diet-the-egg-diet/

aggie Sun 05-Mar-17 14:10:02

And drink lots of water , I get bungled up on veggie diet if I don't

durhamjen Sun 05-Mar-17 14:07:11

Go vegetarian for a month.

Yorkshiregel Sun 05-Mar-17 13:52:30

I need to shed 1 stone in weight, quickly. Has anyone got any nourishing recipes that I could use? I do not want to join a slimming club. I hate all that weighing and discussion about food. I tried it once and it didn't help at all. Quite happy to miss out meals altogether but I know it isn't healthy to do that.