Gransnet forums

Chat

Any ideas for 10th anniversary present for DH?

(54 Posts)
Pigeon Tue 09-May-17 11:08:21

Hi

Please help me someone!

It's our 10th wedding anniversary (tin!) next week and even though we've been together for 17 years, I still struggle to know what to buy my husband on occasions like these.

Part of the problem is that I have no imagination - I am a very mediocre present buyer at the best of times - but there is the added problem that DH is notoriously hard to buy for.

I know that he prefers useful/practical gifts rather than indulgent, frivolous things, but apart from that I'm at a loss. He doesn't wear jewelry, isn't one for clothes, man-gadgets or similar and has few hobbies - although he does like to read and walks a lot (not at the same time grin)

I've Googled, but come up with nothing except the usual commemorative tat, which he won't appreciate.

As always, out of desperation, I have asked him if there's anything he would like. Not very romantic I know, but I'd rather do this than buy something he doesn't like, especially as he's been known to return unwanted gifts before. But this hasn't helped. He just says what he usually does - he'll give it some thought, and then he doesn't. Or he just says he doesn't need/want anything.

He really isn't intending to be unhelpful - he's the loveliest, kindest man I've ever met - just not very materialistic and will probably thinking he doesn't want me to waste my money.

But this anniversary is really important to me. We are second-time-arounders and didn't get married until we were nearly 50 so we may not celebrate as many milestone anniversaries as some, so I'd like to mark the occasion.

Thanks for taking the time to read and any ideas very gratefully received

boss567 Tue 05-Nov-19 21:25:58

Often I think what to give to my husband. I always look at what he doesn’t have, what will end. Last time I gave a wallet. Very cool thing. You can see it here.
leather-toolkits.com/reviews/best-mens-leather-wallets/

grandtanteJE65 Mon 11-Nov-19 15:23:24

Easy, as he likes to read: give him a book token!

Or a really good reading lamp.

SueH49 Wed 13-Nov-19 04:53:00

Would he use a walking pole? Maybe you could get one of those and embellish it with badges of places he has walked.