Gransnet forums

Chat

Do Men Get Their Say too......?

(88 Posts)
Barleysugar Sun 12-Nov-17 10:25:37

Is there the equivalent of a ‘ mensnet’ on line ?

I think it would be very interesting to hear their comments on some subjects, because as far as I can make out, after thirty years of marriage, mostly happy (!), I do believe their brains are wired up differently to ours!

No disrespect whatsoever to all the male species out there!

kittylester Sun 12-Nov-17 10:30:23

They would be welcome to post on here - in fact some do!

bumblebee123 Tue 14-Nov-17 19:05:55

COME ON FELLAS, DON'T LEAVE IT ALL TO ME AND A COUPLE MORE CHAPS, GET WRITING, well, typing. Let's show them who's TOPS.
Brian.grin

Christinefrance Tue 14-Nov-17 21:22:51

Yes let's hear it you chaps out there, sure you must have your own viewpoints on things.☺

MissAdventure Tue 14-Nov-17 21:38:41

They're probably just asking their wives what their viewpoint is..
Sorry, couldn't resist. grin

phoenix Tue 14-Nov-17 21:46:29

Brian/bumblebee love your enthusiasm, but no one has to be "tops", in spite of the name, GN is pretty much an equal opportunities forum!

Well, I hope it is.........

grumppa Tue 14-Nov-17 22:21:20

I comment on any number of subjects as the mood takes me, and I suppose other men do the same. But I don't think of myself as commenting specifically as a man, just as a member of the human race of approximately the same age as other Gransnetters.

Jalima1108 Tue 14-Nov-17 23:05:46

You don't have to be a grandfather either!

Ailsa43 Tue 14-Nov-17 23:07:35

I agree with you grumppa and I would read your posts in exactly that way too...

Jalima1108 Tue 14-Nov-17 23:12:18

Although the age range of Gransnetters is very large!

Perhaps it should be re-named Grandsnet to incorporate Grandmas and Grandads.

ninathenana Wed 15-Nov-17 06:56:41

Well said grumppa

grumppa Wed 15-Nov-17 08:14:04

My own age range is very large, Jalima. There is the age I like to project myself as being, my age calculated on the basis of my birth certificate, the age I feel after a hard session of grandparenting, and the age my GP and practice nurse probably regards me as having somehow reached. So I suppose the range stretches from about 55 to 85.

baubles Wed 15-Nov-17 08:23:22

Love that Grumpa grin

radicalnan Wed 15-Nov-17 10:09:29

Typical of men to be lurking where the women are, I find it strange that they don't have their own 'net' where they diagnose everyone who gets on their nerves as 'pre dementia' or a 'brute' of some sort.

As for the young people who turn up.....bugger off I say, go to mumsnet.........we are a generation of women who have never had a minute's peace as it is.

pollyperkins Wed 15-Nov-17 10:11:03

I always enjoy the comments by male gransnetters. They often have a different take on things and often more humerous too.

pollyperkins Wed 15-Nov-17 10:12:01

Or am I being sexist? hmm

Lilyflower Wed 15-Nov-17 10:14:19

It is actually true that men's brains are 'wired' differently. We have stronger connections between left half and right half and they front and back. I guess that is because they need to be able to focus when they are hunting woolly mammoths and we need to be able to chat while we are gathering berries, stitching fur garments, boiling up mammoth soup and surfing the net at the same time.

Christinefrance Wed 15-Nov-17 10:19:33

Not at all sexist pollyperkins I though GN was open to all grandparents regardless of gender. It's interesting to hear how men feel about their lives and role as a grandparent. Vive la difference !

Jalima1108 Wed 15-Nov-17 10:19:58

grumppa grin

Mine ranges from age 11 - which is the age I feel when I wake up in the morning until I get out of bed!

Diddy1 Wed 15-Nov-17 10:21:21

Grandsnet sounds good, its great to have men on board.

Jalima1108 Wed 15-Nov-17 10:23:14

But why should men not participate in GN radicalnan? There is nowhere in the rules that says the site is exclusively for women.

Stop lurking and join in all you grandads/non-grandads!!
Men Aloud

Jalima1108 Wed 15-Nov-17 10:29:13

Grandsnet ??

radicalnan Wed 15-Nov-17 10:31:29

I agree nothing says they can't but I don't find their contributions add much as a rule, all that coy 'er indoors' stuff 'as a mere male' and so on.

I think women are wiser and funnier!!! It is the digital equivilent of having your knee touched some old bloke hanging about out there in the ether.

pollyperkins Wed 15-Nov-17 10:40:54

I disagree. Yes women can be funny too but I do think men (in co versation I hasten to add) have a different tyoe of humour which I for one enjoy. Of course there are always exceptions . What happend to Wobbly bits by the way. Or has he changed his name?

Stansgran Wed 15-Nov-17 10:45:49

Well said Grumppa. I miss Frank. And his dog. If he had one.