Gransnet forums

Chat

Do Men Get Their Say too......?

(89 Posts)
Barleysugar Sun 12-Nov-17 10:25:37

Is there the equivalent of a ‘ mensnet’ on line ?

I think it would be very interesting to hear their comments on some subjects, because as far as I can make out, after thirty years of marriage, mostly happy (!), I do believe their brains are wired up differently to ours!

No disrespect whatsoever to all the male species out there!

POGS Mon 01-Jan-18 12:16:47

To be honest over the years I would have chosen to read the posts by posters such as grummpa , Pete et al rather than some others posters.

I don't think that has much to do with their gender but what I thought they brought / bring to the conversation.

Perhaps there is a personal issue rather than a general one regarding male posters and I have to say over the years I have seen some pretty awkward times when ' female chauvinism ' has made me wonder why do they bother at times.

Amma54 Mon 01-Jan-18 12:06:22

Men could start their own if they want?

Sunny82z Mon 01-Jan-18 11:58:35

Hit the nail on the head Bridgeit just when I need some male input (re the lawn mower) they have all vanished.....typical, dare I say. I think the problem with their wiring is that they tend to short circuit.

Great news about the big pants Christine I bought a pack in Marks by accident. How has the weather been down in the SW? I have very fond memories of Charente Maritime.

IngeJones Mon 01-Jan-18 09:58:08

Male posters should make it clear they are males when posting, so that we women can make all the necessary allowances for you ;)

Christinefrance Sun 31-Dec-17 21:09:18

Not the vineyard Sunny but it is idyllic if you like the peace and quiet of the countryside with barely any traffic.
You will be pleased to know that big knickers are back in fashion according to Trinny, can't beat a bit of comfort !!
Can't help with lawn mower - sorry. grin

Bridgeit Sun 31-Dec-17 15:39:02

Yes it's called the Pub?Definitely wired up differently,not necessarily badly , but definitely differently,men are from Mars, women are from Venus !

Sunny82z Sun 31-Dec-17 14:14:19

Christinefrance sounds idyllic, thinking vineyards and sunflowers.

I think belittling any body is not on; I just wouldn't ask a man what he thought of women in big pants! The cricket score yes or how to service a lawn mower which are questions I wouldn't ask another woman. I wonder if bumblebee has any advice re:servicing a lawn mower but then he seems to have retired from this thread.

Christinefrance Fri 29-Dec-17 17:34:51

I'm sorry your experience of men has been difficult Sunny but they are not all tarred with that brush. I do get a bit tired of the constant belittling of men evident on some threads.
Yes I am living happily in SW France with my very kind husband and lots of animals.

mcem Fri 29-Dec-17 14:42:57

Not sure if he buzzed off or was swatted!!

MissAdventure Fri 29-Dec-17 14:39:09

He buzzed off, presumably. grin

mcem Fri 29-Dec-17 14:36:45

Bumblebee disappeared after several posters pointed out that some of his posts were inappropriate.
Whether his absence is long or short term remains to be seen.

Mapleleaf Fri 29-Dec-17 14:25:40

Are you alright, Bumblebee, you havent posted for some time.

janeainsworth Tue 26-Dec-17 22:24:10

Plenty of scope here grin
www.dullmensclub.com
menssheds.org.uk

humptydumpty Tue 26-Dec-17 21:37:41

Bumblebee

haven't read all the posts but what happened when you fell, are you still mobile, in what way does your doctor think you won't recover?

trisher Tue 26-Dec-17 21:30:44

I wondered about men's groups so I Googled "net groups for men" most of what came up were religious support groups. Weird! There was one that concentrated on Music and football. I wonder, are men more single minded? Do they only want to discuss certain things?

Sunny82z Tue 26-Dec-17 20:58:59

Are you in France Christine? As far as men on here or else where are concerned while, my life experiences make me cynical about them; living with a despot for 25years didn't help, I still live hopefully that the great majority are lovely, and not selfish so and so's. My point was, how could I feel comfortable asking, "do real women where big pants?" on here if the men are likely to be reading it? We do need to maintain our mystery....don't we???

kittylester Sat 16-Dec-17 12:22:07

Who cares? The more the merrier!

MissAdventure Fri 15-Dec-17 10:03:13

And wrong again, sunny. I'm over 50. My comment was tongue in cheek. That probably doesn't come across, but nothing nasty meant. wink

Christinefrance Fri 15-Dec-17 08:54:02

You are completely wrong sunny I have considerably more years on the clock. We are entitled to have our opinions shrill or otherwise as are you of course.

Sunny82z Thu 14-Dec-17 22:23:04

I am guessing that christinefrance and missadventure are not over 50 . Their shrill comments do not sit well.

MissAdventure Thu 14-Dec-17 21:32:14

Gripingnet might be more appropriate (sometimes!)

BBbevan Thu 14-Dec-17 21:04:04

Don't like Gripping Net. Sounds like a painful appliance

Christinefrance Thu 14-Dec-17 19:09:59

More like Griping Net than Gripping Net. There is a lot of anti men stuff on here and an assumption that women can do things so much better.
We all have different skills and idiosyncrasies why do we have to resort to putting down the males of the species.

Sunny82z Thu 14-Dec-17 16:48:56

The only problem with the chaps contributing is that it might seem inappropriate for us ladies to discuss, well, knickers for example or lady beards?

Thinking of all things inclusive; as a non gran with no children strictly speaking do I qualify for grans.net? 59 just so am the right age group.

Assuming we are talking funny ha ha as opposed to funny peculiar then yes there are men that are droll and amusing BUT then there are those that think they are hilarious and "have a wicked sense of humour", and are about as amusing as a snotty hankie.

CardiffJaguar Sat 18-Nov-17 19:38:05

Lemongrove is right. The forum name does give the distinct impression it is for the ladies - a sad choice at the start given that the Oldie is for all of us. I had to check at first to find out if it was only for grandparents, too.

So IMHO it needs a new name. Perhaps we should have a competition for one. My first suggestion is GrippingNet. Why? The content can be gripping and the title will invite the curious to take a look. Then we might also start to see content that is gripping on a whole range of subjects just as some already have been. It could also introduce some funny content to threads, which is sadly lacking and something we all need - a good laugh.