Gransnet forums

Chat

Men, women and life!

(28 Posts)
Jane10 Sun 25-Feb-18 10:05:18

I was profoundly distressed yesterday reading of the atrocities perpetrated on poor, poor Sudanese women by fighters in the civil war there. I won't write down what happened to one of them because I wish I hadn't read it and thus even had these images in my head. Suffice to say it was unspeakably atrocious. Who is doing anything to highlight this or even try to do anything about it?
Contrasted with this we have highly paid 'celebs' parading about in designer black dresses to show solidarity with other 'celebs' who may have felt sexually taken advantage of in their scramble towards filmic fame.
I know you'll say that it's all wrong, and it is but what's happening to those poor women victims in Sudan and elsewhere where stupid men are fighting pointless wars is infinitely worse.
Just feeling miserable about those poor women. Wish men would just leave unwilling women alone. Forlorn hope. sadangry

M0nica Sun 25-Feb-18 17:16:42

Rape is now used quite deliberately as a weapon in war. It cowers civilian populations and undermines the morale of armies because soldiers worry about what is happening tot heir families in their absence.

petra Mon 26-Feb-18 19:41:15

Luzdoh
The chances of following the money are practically impossible sad these people will always be 1/2/3/ steps ahead. The only chance is to have one of 'them' on 'our' side.
As for the transportation of the arms, once again, I don't hold out hope. These arms are being transported across some very dodgy borders where there are guards on piss poor wages who will just wave them through (because they are expecting the truck). They don't know (or care) what's being transported, they just know that they have a bit more money in their pocket.