Gransnet forums

Chat

Plastic packaging bring-it-back day

(7 Posts)
Elegran Wed 28-Mar-18 16:32:27

I read about this somewhere but can't find it now. Saturday 7th April (I even marked it on my calendar!) was to be the day when everyone took back excessive packaging to the supermarket it came from.
I am quite prepared to do it, but I would like to think that I won't be alone. Does anyone else know anything about it?

This video is about a similar "plastics attack" in Keynsham. www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-43559636

gmelon Wed 28-Mar-18 16:37:12

I'd be with you on this. Such a day is welcome, I've been waiting for this for a while.

Agus Wed 28-Mar-18 19:29:38

I found this online Elegran Sainsbury’s in Frome have set that date for customers to return plastics at 12 noon on the day

I would be willing to return any plastic packing to my local supermarkets, haven’t noticed this happening in Scotland though.

Elegran Wed 28-Mar-18 19:35:34

If a lot of people pass on the story about Keynsham, comment on it, and suggest a date (why not Saturday 7th April, same as Frome?) perhaps it will happen? Who is up for it?

Elegran Wed 28-Mar-18 19:38:06

Can you post where you found it, agus?

Agus Wed 28-Mar-18 21:13:12

Sorry Elegran, I haven’t figured out how to do links yet but I googled the above date and returning plastic packaging to supermarkets which came up with the link.

I will ask at my local supermarket if they are aware of what Frome is doing and do they have any plans to do likewise.

Elegran Wed 28-Mar-18 21:29:34

Found it www.frometimes.co.uk/2018/03/27/return-the-plastic/ - in the Frome Times (unsurprisingly)