Gransnet forums

Chat

National Trust for Scotland

(8 Posts)
Floradora9 Fri 06-Apr-18 12:32:15

I cannot find the old thread about choosing to join to SNT there was some debate about the car parking so I contacted them and here is the reply . I understand it will mean the sticker you get for your car will cover you . This is the reply

Apologies for the delayed response. With regards to the parking, Your membership cards and parking passes cannot and will not be able to be scanned, as we are a separate organisation. I’m aware of some teething problems with the introduction of these bar codes, but assure you that none of National Trust for Scotland’s members should be affected by this.

In all instances where there are parking barriers being enforced, these will be manned. This will not affect your ability to park at NT properties for free. While you won’t be able to scan your permit, you will still be able to park for free.

There are currently no plans to include children with the senior membership at this time.

hildajenniJ Fri 06-Apr-18 12:39:58

I think the conversation was along the lines of Scottish trust members not being able to park for free at trust properties in England and Wales. The car parks are run independently from the National Trust.

chelseababy Fri 06-Apr-18 13:39:41

Thanks Flora. I was told last year that from March/April 18 NT Scotland members wouldn't be able to park for free at English NT properties. Maybe it was scare tactics?

Cherrytree59 Fri 06-Apr-18 16:55:33

Thanks Flora
We are members of the Scottish NT and have just received our new 2yr parking sticker.
I feel happier now I know that parking will still be free.

I'm sure English NT would not want to deter visiting members from the Scottish or
New Zealand trusts.

lemongrove Tue 05-Jun-18 13:43:46

We are with English NT, but what is to stop English members joining the SNT instead as it is so much cheaper?

SueDonim Tue 05-Jun-18 13:46:58

Nothing, I don't think, Lemongrove, except you won't get the relevant handbook. The internet makes that pretty redundant anyway.

lemongrove Tue 05-Jun-18 13:54:09

I suppose, in that case we could renew next time with SNT as we already have the English handbook.
I would feel a bit uneasy about doing this though.

SueDonim Tue 05-Jun-18 14:04:17

It would be NTS's gain! grin

NTS even has a branch in America.