Gransnet forums

Chat

How would you react to an unsolicited compliment ?

(55 Posts)
Wobblybits Sat 07-Apr-18 21:50:34

A mature lady that served us at a cafe was extremely attractive, I was very tempted to make a compliment but thought better of it. How would you react to an unsolicited compliment ?

Deedaa Sun 08-Apr-18 21:08:15

I don't know what it says about me wobbly but I'm quite happy to receive compliments from anybody. An old (ish) man I was serving once stroked my arm and told me what lovely skin I'd got. I was pleased to hear that there were bits of me that were still passable, and he was hardly likely to leap across the counter and ravish me! I often compliment other women on their hair and make up and I think I've done the same with men sometimes. Perhaps I am just one of Nature's flirts.

Deedaa Sun 08-Apr-18 21:23:22

Reading some of the previous posts I think I'm definitely off to the naughty step. Yes I have complimented gorgeous young waiters when I'm out with DH. He just sits there saying "You can't take him home" Why shouldn't I? I've always found a bit of flirtation oils the wheels nicely. If you work in retail you meet more than enough old miseries.

Maggiemaybe Mon 09-Apr-18 00:02:54

I don't think I'd be offended by a genuine compliment, though some can come over as a bit sleazy. I recently gave a talk to a local society and a woman told me later that her husband said he'd enjoyed listening to my very sexy voice. grin I was quite chuffed to hear I had one tbh, but would have been very disconcerted if he'd said this to me himself!

FarNorth Mon 09-Apr-18 00:36:28

I wasn't offended, Iam64, just confused.