Gransnet forums

Chat

You Tube

(12 Posts)
ajanela Thu 12-Apr-18 09:24:56

My daughter suggested if I had a computer problem I should search the Internet and usually you can find an understandable solution.

This led me to searching the Internet for solutions to other problems and it often took me to YouTube where you have wonderful videos demonstrating the answers so I would like to recommend this to gransnetter.

Some of my resolved problems are:
How to clear an air block in a water piper.
How to repot orchids,
How to put in eye drops,
How to clear a blocked inner ear
How to prune a lemon tree
How to remove heat marks from a table.
How to replace a keyboard key.
How to resolve back pain

Anyone else found solutions this way.

Situpstraight Thu 12-Apr-18 09:29:55

Sounds as though you sorted all your problems at once! That must be a relief?
We often go on there to find out how to do stuff as it shows you how to do it, manuals are ok but it’s better to actually see it.
I think though that most people are internet savvy and that YouTube is their goto place nowadays.

hildajenniJ Thu 12-Apr-18 10:52:39

YouTube have good tutorials too. I often look there for crochet patterns, and demonstrations of stitches.

KatyK Thu 12-Apr-18 10:53:56

We use youtube a lot to try to solve problems. There is also a good site called Wikihow (I think) which will give help/assistance on almost anything!

maryeliza54 Thu 12-Apr-18 12:12:18

It’s utterly brilliant isn’t it - YouTube have saved us money over the years in terms of not having to pay tradesmen

vampirequeen Thu 12-Apr-18 13:01:04

We used YouTube to help us convert our van into a campervan. DH has taught himself to be a first class amateur photographer using the professional tutorials.

KatyK Thu 12-Apr-18 13:25:50

My (not brilliant at DIY) DH has even done some tiling (looks great) thanks to one of these sites.

ajanela Thu 12-Apr-18 17:05:07

My GS learns about magic tricks and he is getting really good.

I put up this post situpstraight as it is amazing how many people are not so computer savvy. I am a member of a club with a wonderful website but it is amazing how many members don't know how to log on, follow a link, post a message and many other things I take for granted.

M0nica Fri 13-Apr-18 11:49:39

Yes, I have used it for a range of, mainly, sewing problems.

cavewoman Fri 13-Apr-18 14:01:55

I built a log store out of old pallets following a video put on by a carpenter, saving tens of £££s
Also fixed my combi boiler smile

seacliff Fri 13-Apr-18 14:06:51

Yes I've been practicing the ukuele on there. There are some play along tuition videos, so good to be able to pause and repeat.

I always look there when I want to know how to alter a setting on computer or email.

I look at recipes and how to cook.

You can learn about just about anything on YouTube.

fiorentina51 Fri 13-Apr-18 18:38:44

I've found help on tablet weaving and also replacing the silicone sealant in our shower.