Gransnet forums

Chat

Insurance companies rely on apathy

(4 Posts)
silverlining48 Thu 11-Oct-18 18:17:20

Until recently i dont think they ever put the last years insurance cost on the forms, (we all know why) but now they have to do this so its very easy to see what they are doing.

PECS Thu 11-Oct-18 18:11:26

I usually re check every couple of years and certainly if the premium is raised for nor discernable reason. But yes you are right, many people dont check!

silverlining48 Thu 11-Oct-18 18:09:50

Trouble is my new insurer will increase cost substantially next year so will have to re-search all over again. Loyalty costs and does not pay these days unfortunately.

silverlining48 Thu 11-Oct-18 18:05:31

Have spent nearly all day on and off the phone and internet trying to cancel my current car insurance due to run out in a few weeks and trying to get new insurance instated, after searching the comparison Sites for a better deal.
My old insurer increased the cost by £70 despite nothing having changed. The new insurers were charging £100 less. current insurer tried to persuade me to remain and reduced the increased demand by £50 but too late. And not enough.

They rely on apathy and i can vouch it was a bit time consuming but hey, i am £100 better off for the same level of insurance. (Fairly) simples.