Gransnet forums

Chat

Meghan and Harry

(444 Posts)
mcem Mon 15-Oct-18 08:57:39

Anyone ready to start knitting royal baby jackets?

Rufus2 Sun 28-Oct-18 05:25:39

Saints and Sinners; Oh to be perfect

Saint Rufus the 2; I like that Annie! Although I wouldn't want to be anointed with any old cooking oil from the supermarket. If a DIY job is acceptable I'll need to know what to buy and from which religious outlet; expense no prob.!
Bless you.! smile

Anniebach Sun 28-Oct-18 08:42:26

Wouldn’t you rather have an OBE Rufus ? or a knighthood?

Rufus2 Sun 28-Oct-18 11:39:33

Wouldn’t you rather have an OBE Rufus ? or a knighthood?
I've already explained in my early posts that I already have an OBE, Annie. wink
It was awarded for non-regal long service; known as "Over Bloody Eighty". There are dozens of us at our lawn bowls club. Unfortunately, there's no award for "Over Nineties"; sad probably due to lack of demand, but yes please, Sir Rufus or even Lord Rufus sounds "cool"; if you'd only reminded me a couple of days ago I could have had the Duke or Duchess smite me with the Royal Sword. A boomerang wouldn't have been quite so regal.! grin

Anniebach Sun 28-Oct-18 11:50:56

I like the thought of the boomerang Rufas, do they not fly back and hit the thrower ?

You will have to wait for their next visit , New Zealand has them now !

Why don’t you have him as a Governer of Australia ?

Rufus2 Sun 28-Oct-18 12:54:05

Why don’t you have him as a Governer of Australia ?
Annie; Just relax! You're a born worrier! grin
I think David Beckham already has his hat in the ring for that job; he came here for the Invictus games but also for job interviews. As a sporting icon, and still in his 40s, he'll go down well in OZ; plus Victoria will make a very youthful and attractive 1st. Lady. smile
He'll obviously be able to chuck a mean boomerang and agile enough to duck when it returns! Awesome! grin

Jalima1108 Sun 28-Oct-18 14:33:37

I like the thought of the boomerang Rufas, do they not fly back and hit the thrower
If thrown correctly they can kill a prey and then come back again. If thrown by an over-enthusiastic DGS they can hit Granny on the leg and cause a whopping bruise hmm

Anniebach Sun 28-Oct-18 15:29:35

Granny should have moved faster Jalima ? ?

Jalima1108 Sun 28-Oct-18 21:55:09

Those boomerangs move at speed!

Anniebach Sun 28-Oct-18 22:07:41

True, I made sure I was behind the thrower ?

Fennel Mon 29-Oct-18 09:02:00

Remember that silly song, My Boomerang won't come Back?

Anniebach Mon 29-Oct-18 09:04:04

Fennel, I had forgotten that song ?

Rufus2 Mon 29-Oct-18 10:46:05

Fennel, I had forgotten that song
Annie; Refresh your memory! Google "Charlie Drake"
It might bring a smile to your face! grin

Jalima1108 Mon 29-Oct-18 23:22:09

I could write some new words grin
(I think I was supposed to catch it and wing it back)

Anniebach Tue 30-Oct-18 09:09:22

I think you were Jalima ?

Rufus2 Tue 30-Oct-18 10:23:06

I think I was supposed to catch it and wing it back
Jalima; Forget it! You'll have to re-skill; dig out those wellies from the back of the shed and get out there in the paddock! grin Who would have thought the Kiwis
would dare to out-culture the Aussies, just to impress the Royals.?
At least a gum-boot won't come back! grin

Jalima1108 Tue 30-Oct-18 10:35:40

What have those Kiwis done now?
We know several people who have emigrated there, but our Kiwi relative lives in Australia!

Jalima1108 Tue 30-Oct-18 10:36:47

Oh! I just checked - the earth moved!

New Zealand always knows how to put on a good show.

Rufus2 Tue 30-Oct-18 11:15:48

Oh! I just checked - the earth moved!
Blame Maw! She must have tripped moving those stones; forwards (or backwards) last week-end. grin
But keep up! The Duke and Duchess were shown on TV today giving a near-perfect display of chucking the gum-boot; the Duchess showed a real flair. We know the Kiwis have the wood on the Aussies at rugby, but this raises sports culture and competition to a whole new level. Awesome. shock