My DD is nearly 48. She lives about 130 miles away in London with her long term partner. 17 years ago while we were visiting helping them with central heating problems my husband 'put his foot in it' by asking DDs partner if he was going to try to get a job soon as our DD was working 2 jobs to pay the mortgage and all the bills. Long story short, we were thrown out and since then we haven't been allowed in their house because partner won't allow it. DD visited us twice a year but he never did, so all family occasions, funerals of DDs grandparents, weddings of her brother and cousins etc only DD attended, not him.
Fast forward many years and our DS and his wife had our first and only grandchild after many years of waiting. Our DS has suffered very badly from an anxiety disorder since a teenager so his wife went back to work and DS remained at home and has proved the most wonderful father to his baby daughter. Money is short but they manage beautifully. Before the baby was born we altered our Will to allow 15% of any of our estate left to any grandchildren and the remaining 85% equally between our DD and DS. To say the s* hit the fan is an understatement. Our daughter, when we told her, went mad and her partner came on the phone telling us we were disgusting, we'd never loved our DD and he used disgusting language to us. They did the same to our DS . Since then DD hasn't spoken to us and stopped texting and emailing soon after. She has blocked me from all social media and now we've found out has been bad mouthing us to most of our relatives behind our backs. I'm beyond destraught and on top of all this I'm in remission from bowel and liver cancer and my husband from priate cancer. She was a good, sweet little girl and we had a lovely family life. Her Dad her brother and I are all so very very sad. Is there anything more I can do. I love my DD but her continuing unkindness is breaking my heart.
I'm frightened at times - looking after husband
As a dog owner I find this worrying - puppy theft increasing
Spend all my time picking up after him - cure for laziness?