Gransnet forums

Chat

Chafing

(13 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Thu 04-Apr-19 18:47:09

Ah an army colleague of mine gave me a suggestion a few years ago from when they were serving in Iraq.

I use 24 or 48 hour roll on deodorant like Dove or Sure. Apply after a shower and it lasts a while. No chaffing.

My daughter , who will admit to chubby little legs wore it under her wedding dress very successfully too.

Highly recommend it.

bikergran Thu 04-Apr-19 18:45:22

I did once read that roll on deodorant on the inner thighs worked (not tried it myself as don't really wear dresses/skirts

MiniMoon Thu 04-Apr-19 17:52:46

What you need is micro mail! ? Available from Shatta in Ankh Morpork. ?
I'm reading "Unseen Academicals" by the late Terry Pratchett. If you know the book you'll understand.
Seriously though, try this company for anti chafe underwear.

silversurf Thu 04-Apr-19 16:42:52

Try Chaffree underwear. Very expensive, but extremely well made, washes well. I’ve had some for several years and still like new.
Or Lanacane anti chafing gel.

Septimia Tue 02-Apr-19 18:40:00

I haven't looked in M&S for them. I got mine online from one of the catalogue companies. I wish I'd looked further because searching online just now brought up lots of options. Search for "culotte slip pettipants".

Snowedunder Tue 02-Apr-19 17:36:07

Thanks for these suggestions. I didn't think of a culotte slip. Do M&S sell them?

Bellasnana Tue 02-Apr-19 15:42:21

The only advantage of having bandy legs is that my thighs are nowhere near each othergrin

shysal Tue 02-Apr-19 14:55:54

The only dresses I possess are two sun dresses for hot weather. To prevent chafing I also wear a culotte slip which is less hot to wear than Sloggi long leg knickers, and more flattering if the wind blowssmile!

Septimia Tue 02-Apr-19 14:51:42

I wear a culotte slip - like a waist slip but divided with 2 legs! I've just bought a replacement which is a bit skimped and more like a pair of bloomers, but the previous one was a bit more full around the bottom of the legs so looked more like a slip and was cooler. The culotte slip allows for better air circulation than tights wink

maryeliza54 Tue 02-Apr-19 14:30:16

DINNO glad to see you here. DLTBGYD. Apologies to OP for diversion.

Farmor15 Tue 02-Apr-19 13:43:52

I take an old pair of tights and cut off the lower legs (above knee). They come down long enough to stop the chafing/sticky feeling but not visible under dress. Baby powder helps too.

Seems to be a problem at older age - never had it when younger and only a bit heavier so not really to do with weight.

DINNNO Tue 02-Apr-19 13:32:32

baby powder

Snowedunder Tue 02-Apr-19 13:25:11

What do you wear to stop thighs chafing when wearing dresses without tights in the summer?