Gransnet forums

Chat

YODEL

(31 Posts)
annodomini Thu 04-Apr-19 23:04:46

No, that's not an instruction!
I expect many other gners have had deliveries by Yodel. This week I ordered some plants from Thompson and Morgan which were delivered today by a Yodel courier. the first I knew of it was an email to say that the package had been delivered to a safe place and that a note had been put through my door. All of which was a pack of lies. I have a notice on my front door telling couriers where to put parcels when I'm out - a large green chest beside my back door. I found it on the back doorstep in the pouring rain. I had not heard the courier knocking and there was no note through the door. The package was soaked through but fortunately the plants were in a plastic bag .
This is the second time I have been dissatisfied with Yodel though other couriers, such as Hermes, have always done a good job. I have yet to contact Thompson and Morgan to recommend that they change their courier service!
Has anyone else found Yodel to be useless?

Sara65 Sat 13-Apr-19 21:18:13

I work in a mail order company, customers frequently say, please don’t use Yodel! We don’t, but to be honest we have problems with all of them, it’s wonderful that they give hour time slots, but that doesn’t leave the drivers with much flexibility if something doesn’t go to plan.

Oldfossil Thu 18-Apr-19 00:09:31

I agree that Yodel deliveries are unsatisfactory compared to other companies. My neighbours and I are always happy to take in parcels for each other. Usually I sign ( or, rather, squiggle) for them on the ( non-Yodel) deliverer’s handset. However, despite requesting that any parcel be left with a neighbour if I am out, Yodel inevitably just dump it on the doorstep. I won’t complain however, since these deliverers are exploited, on zero hours contracts and paid very little. Yet, presumably, deliverers for other companies are in the same situation....

fizzers Thu 18-Apr-19 09:58:27

Amazon drivers have twice walked straight into my house!

phoenix Thu 18-Apr-19 11:25:00

If DPD drivers have to leave a parcel in (for example) a shed or garage, they take a photo and send it to you!

jura2 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:06:36

Oh Anno, and there I was, thinking you'd gone all Swiss on us.

Mind you, the keenest yoddler I know here in Switzerland, is Scottish.