Gransnet forums

Chat

disappointed

(57 Posts)
DINNNO Mon 15-Apr-19 21:00:32

I started this site recently. Not today, not yesterday, I think it was near the beginning of April.

Since then, I have had two of my threads deleted because countless people have accused me of being a troll, and mixing up a few of my threads to make it seem as such.

Despite several attempts to explain myself, the statements were also seen as disingenuous, probably because the people that had previously accused me of being a troll didn't want to admit their wrong-doings and wanted to continue to treat me wrongly for the fun of it, what sick joy.

I was mocked, harassed and bullied by allot of commenters that meant harm and no good. And instead of Gransnet deleting the accounts of the posters that made these comments, they decided to delete my entire threads instead. So these posters still have access to gransnet and will probably have a good laugh at the fact my threads were deleted as in a way I've been defeated.

I did not expect immaturity in an environment directed at older people, who I thought to know better than to treat someone this way.

As a consequence, Gransnet has lost my custom and as soon as I figure out how to delete my account, I don't plan on returning until the site improves in a way that defeats the wrong-doers instead the victim.

NanaandGrampy Tue 16-Apr-19 02:08:46

Ah! Hang on - just seen this is actually all about another thread where you have been receiving what looks like some sensible advice .

Shouldn’t you have posted your shopping list there as this thread started as something quite different?

GabriellaG54 Tue 16-Apr-19 02:42:12

NanaandGrampy
Chewbacca's reply got me thinking...
the read lines.
1/11d.

kittylester Tue 16-Apr-19 06:22:51

confused

Anja Tue 16-Apr-19 06:50:39

Tell us a bit about yourself DINNNO you could start with your user name and how you chose it perhaps.

Specs Tue 16-Apr-19 06:51:21

Get it??
Clever you.
I’ve never done an online shop before.
You’re one step ahead of me.

kittylester Tue 16-Apr-19 06:51:25

I'm baffled by why, having announced your decision to leave, you bump the thread.

ninathenana Tue 16-Apr-19 07:23:03

I thought the same kitty

BlueBelle Tue 16-Apr-19 08:29:17

This is the strangest conversation I ve come across in a long time i have never seen anyone call you a troll or bully you but basically people including me trying to come to grips with some rather bizarre threads you have started recently
Instead of starting these stranger than life threads why not join in other discussions first. Often we discuss everyday ordinary happenings Threads don't have to be over the top to get people engaging in them
Good luck with the shopping

Callistemon Tue 16-Apr-19 10:49:37

Bathsheba I think that DINNNO has said that she is vegan so no, definitely no milk or dairy products, eggs, animal proteins - or perhaps even foods where animals or bees have been exploited eg fruit, vegetables resulting from pollination, honey (no, no!) etc etc.

It must be very difficult. Are you writing a cookbook, DINNNO?

FlexibleFriend Tue 16-Apr-19 11:19:44

That shopping list would only work while you use up the food in your freezer and cupboards. Plus it doesn't include your pizza's and ice cream you were unwilling to give up.

Gonegirl Tue 16-Apr-19 11:40:46

I have every sympathy for you DINNNO.

It's not always HQ's fault. But you have to remember the site matters above all else. More important than us as individuals. However cruel it seems at the time.

DINNNO Tue 16-Apr-19 14:41:57

So everything I post is seen as disingenuous by at least one person because I'm ''too weird''?

I do not want to be apart of a site where the victim is deleted instead of the bully, harasser, and/or troll hunter. I think the website would significantly improve if the victim wasn't deleted. Deleting the victim gives the attacker a good laugh, I'm sure, not so much the victim.

janeainsworth Tue 16-Apr-19 14:57:11

You aren’t a ‘victim’, DINNO.
No one bullied or harassed you.
You started two or three threads that some people thought were unusual, that’s all.
Whether you did that deliberately, or disingenuously, or unwittingly, only you know.
Most of us aren’t bothered.

DINNNO Tue 16-Apr-19 14:59:02

Janeinsworth

You didn't see the comments that were made about me, or you don't know the definitions of the words bully and harass. I know for a fact that I was bullied and harassed and I saw all comments before the thread was deleted. Not impressed by those trying to deny what happened.

janeainsworth Tue 16-Apr-19 15:16:52

Dinnno
I’ve found this a useful quote, someone (*anja*?) posted it on GN a while ago:
“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on”
Tupac Shakur

DancesWithOtters Tue 16-Apr-19 15:24:18

I'm lost, is the shopping list connected to something in the other thread?

phoenix Tue 16-Apr-19 15:31:43

Dinno, I think you are coming at the shopping list thing from the wrong angle!

Try starting with making a list of what you already have in your freezer & cupboards.

Then make a list of meals that you can make with what you've got, and what you might need to add. That is then your shopping list!

About once a month or so, I do a freezer "inventory", it's surprising what you find that you had forgotten about.

Our approach to shopping starts with making a rough meal plan for the week, then basing the shopping list on that.

Saves money and time, plus we seem to eat more healthily, as a meal with meat can be followed the next day by something either vegetarian or light on meat, such as carbonara or a spinach, chick pea and sweet potato curry.

janeainsworth Tue 16-Apr-19 15:52:28

It’s referring to this thread, dances
www.gransnet.com/forums/aibu/1260229-food-budget-challenge

DancesWithOtters Tue 16-Apr-19 16:10:51

Oh I see! Thanks, that makes more sense now.

NanaandGrampy Tue 16-Apr-19 16:20:22

Were you really ‘bullied’ or ‘harassed’ Dinnno or did you just not get the answers you wanted ?

One of the first things you learn in any digital marketing class is once you set a thought free online you lose control of the direction it will take .

You posted about buying a dog to be your guide dog . Can you HONESTLY say you have ever heard of anyone who would do that ? I read pages of that thread and saw no bullying or harassment . Just poster after poster disagreeing with you . Is that what you call bullying ? Because I call it honesty .

Now , on this thread - you berate the site , the posters and Uncle Tom cobley- and then veer off with a slightly bizarre shopping list.

I’m afraid I can’t follow your thought process - can you ?

Nonnie Tue 16-Apr-19 16:20:45

On another thread there is a lot of advice offered to those moving into a new area. One of those suggested that when you are new to any organisation you wait and see how it works before jumping in. I haven't seen the deleted threads so cannot comment but perhaps if you were quite outspoken it didn't go down too well for a newbie?

There are all types on here, as in the 'real' world and if you press some people's buttons they will react negatively. I recently hit back at someone who had been very rude and misinterpreted what I said (I think deliberately) . She went into a sulk and said she was leaving for a while, could give it out but didn't accept me challenging it. Once again, all types on here. However, you may have noticed that if anyone needs help or comfort they get it in spades.

NanaandGrampy Tue 16-Apr-19 16:21:21

Well said janeainsworth!

Callistemon Tue 16-Apr-19 16:33:24

Deleting the victim
I don't think that it is possible to delete a victim or anyone online, except in an online game as we are real, not virtual.

It could, of course, be possible in the future, who knows.

kittylester Tue 16-Apr-19 17:47:48

I remain baffled by someone who says they are leaving and the continuing to post.

I think it is disingenuous in the extreme.

Urmstongran Tue 16-Apr-19 17:59:29

I’m surprised you are still on here DINNNO as you had decided you were leaving? Reading all these posts top down it’s a funny old world.