New royal baby names

(183 Posts)
gma Wed 08-May-19 16:52:22

Just announced duke and duchess of Sussex new baby’s names
Archie Harrison Mountbatten Windsor
What do other gransnetters think of it?
I think it’s ok!

Baloothefitz Mon 13-May-19 09:02:41

Love Archie ,not so keen on Harrison ,but he is a beautiful baby & they both look so happy .

mothertrucker52 Mon 13-May-19 23:44:10

To be a gran means to be an old biddy in some respects, even if you are under 40 as I was, anyway at least they didn't call him one of those mis-spelled made up names which crop up so often in magazines such as Chat and Take a Break (you all know what I'm talking about!)

Sara65 Tue 14-May-19 06:57:34

There are some unusual names out there! I’m often stood in the school playground saying “what did you say that child is called?”

LullyDully Tue 14-May-19 08:17:20

Surely as Harrison is only a middle name it won't get used much. I used my grandmother 's maiden name as my son's middle name as a tribute to her. He only uses a short form of his first name.

Archie he will.be or Arch for short maybe. wink

Anniebach Tue 14-May-19 08:39:46

What they name their child is their choice. It’s quite natural for people to like or dislike names.

Sara65 Tue 14-May-19 10:02:11

I think Archie is sweet anyway, I can’t really see what there is to object to

Rufus2 Wed 15-May-19 09:59:30

Archie!? OK! Word association takes me to Meghan, then America, then Archie Bunker.! Why didn't Harry then step in to nominate "Alf" of West Ham, one of his most ardent Royalist supporters? After all, there's an excellent precedent with "Alfred the Great" grin