Gransnet forums

Chat

Happy Mothers Day

(16 Posts)
crazyH Mon 08-Jul-19 13:39:56

Rosecarmel- flowers

jackfowler Mon 08-Jul-19 13:33:43

This is my first mother's day wish actually. I am bad at expressing. Later I learnt that the lifetime regret one gets by not expressing things at time.

rosecarmel Mon 13-May-19 05:55:57

One thing that doesn't change about Mother's Day, it always presents the opportunity to remember becoming mother -
The immense, indescribable joy of holding that child for the first time -- and the second child, and the third and ..

So many beautiful memories to cherish .. !

B9exchange Sun 12-May-19 12:14:52

Thank you so much BradfordLass, you have made my day!

SueH49 Sun 12-May-19 09:49:59

A lovely surprise for Mothers' Day albeit a day early (I'm in Australia) when both of my sons visited and also my 3 & 5 year old grandsons.
All the boys in the family together for an afternoon and that does not happen very often at all.

On the downside my 97 year old Mum had her Mother's Day in hospital where she was admitted on Thursday after a mishap. She has a very slight fracture in her hip which fortunately does not need surgery but she is in quite a bit of pain. Fingers crossed she will be healed and pain free soon.

Happy Mothers' Day to all celebrating today.

BradfordLass72 Sun 12-May-19 09:29:29

B9exchange

Well now, here's a bouquet from me and a very special Hot Chocolate! Happy Mothers Day.

flowers

seacliff Sun 12-May-19 09:16:22

I got a message this morning from my son downunder - the very first time he's remembered. So I'm happy...and the sun's out too. sunshine to all Mums.

CassieJ Sun 12-May-19 09:08:27

I am in the UK, so I get to celebrate mothers day here and have the Canadian one also due to my son and his family living there. I received some beautiful flowers from my son yesterday.

Happy mothers days to all

B9exchange Sun 12-May-19 09:07:32

I have one son living overseas with his girls. DiL works in Ireland and sometimes UK and goes to see them once a fortnight. One of those treading on eggshells situations, long story.

When they moved, son announced he was going to observe his new country's Mothers Day, and for the first couple of years I got a present, delivered by DiL when she was around. This year nothing on either day. sad

lemongrove Sun 12-May-19 09:01:15

Happy Mothers Day to all those in the US NZ or OZ or anywhere else that has the same day today.???
Hope you all are remembered by your families.

BradfordLass72 Sun 12-May-19 08:29:20

Oh my goodness, your poor daughter and poor you as well. Maybe you can choose another day to celebrate Mothers Day to make up for this horrible shock? I hope you both recover quickly.

absent Sun 12-May-19 06:01:42

Thank you for greetings to those of us who live where today is Mother's Day. Some half-witted person drove head-on into my daughter's stationary car at an official turning point when she was on her way to see me with some lovely, thoughtful gifts. She doesn't seem to have been injured but was very shaken up and after an hour standing in the pelting rain talking to the police, she was sodden and all she wanted to do was go home.

That was not quite what we had planned.

BradfordLass72 Sun 12-May-19 04:57:35

What a wonderful daughter you are. I was humbled by your response.
Hope you have a lovely day.

rosecarmel Sun 12-May-19 04:36:16

BradfordLass, that's an example of my mother's denial in action - smile

Her attempting to pass the guilt from her own heart to mine is common practice - If I didn't make allowance for the fact that if she were to attempt to shoulder ALL of her mistakes alone surely she would break -- or worse - So I support her delusion with an illusion for the sake of maintaining a relationship with her opposed to having none art all - Not because it's something Im fearful of, but because my love for her is sincere and love sometimes requires additional effort and dedication during difficult times -

It just make me laugh how many times the " universe " steps in despite my efforts! smile

BradfordLass72 Sun 12-May-19 03:34:31

I consistently provide her with epic fails to prove she's right

So how did you fail?

You sent a beautiful bouquet and a lovely balloon.

The fact that someone else stuffed up and they did not arrive as envisaged is not YOUR fault at all

If your Mother sees that as your failure, then that's her problem - you don't need to believe or accept that

There's the story of a man who bought his wife a birthday gift of a luxury passage on a cruise liner. He lived with guilt for the rest of his life. How could he be blamed for the tragedy of the Titanic?

Don't take unnecessary guilt on your shoulders dear rosecarnel you have absolutely NOTHING to feel guilty about. flowers flowers

PS: Don't use that wretched florist again !grin

rosecarmel Sun 12-May-19 02:26:23

To all mothers in the US and abroad!

I ordered my mum a floral arrangement to be delivered a day early along with a festive Mylar balloon, but the arrangement that arrived looked nothing nothing like the design I ordered and the balloon was covered with gaudy pink flamingos! Joy?! As much as much as mum tries to believe she doesn't like me I consistently provide her with epic fails to prove she's right!

May you all have a lovely, less dysfunctional mothers day!