Gransnet forums

Chat

Elizabeth1.

(34 Posts)
Marelli Sun 12-May-19 17:59:28

Elizabeth1 has suffered a stroke. It happened a week last Tuesday, the day before some of us went to Dundee to the V&A. I hadn't known about it till that evening when we got back from Dundee.
However, I've finally managed in to see her at hospital, after having been away, and she asked me to put a thread up just to let people know.
She asked me to tell you all that she's feeling a bit better and is just so grateful to her friends and family whose love and attention has been encouraging her to feel stronger.
Family are in touch with me, so if there's anything I can share on here, I will. I'll pop in and see her again during the week.

annsixty Sun 12-May-19 18:02:28

So sorry to hear this.
I wish her the very best for a speedy and full recovery.

Marelli Sun 12-May-19 18:22:31

I'll pass on your message to her when I see her during the week, annsixty.
She has her iPad with her but I think she might struggle to get on Gransnet just now. She's able to listen to music though, which is good.

Day6 Sun 12-May-19 18:30:45

Warm wishes to Elizabeth1. What a frightening experience. I hope she continues to make a good recovery. Thanks for letting us know Marelli.

Anniebach Sun 12-May-19 18:45:58

I am so sorry, I wish her a speedy and full recovery

kittylester Sun 12-May-19 18:48:37

Best wishes to her and get well soon.

Largolass Sun 12-May-19 19:32:01

Please give ElizabethI my very Best Wishes for a speedy recovery, so sorry to hear this Marelli

Brunette10 Sun 12-May-19 20:22:19

Oh so sorry to hear this, I actually passed through her home village yesterday and of course thought of her knowing she lived there. A speedy recovery I hope for her, please let her know I am thinking of her. Thank you for letting us know Marelli.

Marydoll Sun 12-May-19 20:26:59

I have just seen this and am so shocked.
She is lovely, kind lady, who recently offered me a bed for the night, if I wanted to go to the St. Andrew's meet up.
Wishing her a speedy recovery, I'm so upset.
Marelli, please keep us up to date and give her my very best wishes when you see her.

shysal Sun 12-May-19 20:32:39

Elizabeth1 accidentally chose a 'pets' thread to send a message to all who know her. You will find her post on here.
www.gransnet.com/forums/pets/1261260-Soppy-nicknames-for-your-pets?msgid=27224650

Marelli Sun 12-May-19 20:43:08

shysal, I think she's done this a couple of times. A wee bit muddled here and there, but thankfully that's settled a good bit now.
She was in Aberdeen when it happened, but after a few days she was transferred to a hospital near her home.
It will cheer her up no end to hear all your comments. xx

Pittcity Sun 12-May-19 20:49:29

Lots of love to Elizabeth1 thanks

callgirl1 Sun 12-May-19 21:18:00

I don`t know Elizabeth1, but please give her my best wishes for her recovery Marelli.

baubles Sun 12-May-19 21:35:47

Oh Marelli I’m so sorry to hear this, please tell Elizabeth1 that I’m thinking of her & sending my best wishes.

Marelli Sun 12-May-19 22:47:09

It'll do her good to see so many lovely comments. She's such a lively, busy person, so it's come as a shock to all the family. One day at a time.

janeainsworth Sun 12-May-19 23:18:38

Oh Marelli thank you for letting us know.
Please give her my love and best wishes when you see her. I will message her anyway, but just in case she’s finding it hard to get messages on her iPad.

Jangran99 Mon 13-May-19 00:22:09

Marelli I've just seen this news about Elizabeth1
Please give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery.She is such a vibrant member of the Edinburgh Grans.Hope to see her back with us soon.thistle

crazyH Mon 13-May-19 00:24:54

Love to Elizabeth1 flowers

Baggs Mon 13-May-19 05:55:29

Get well soon, eleizabeth1! So shocked to hear of your stroke. I hope you are feeling a bit better now. xx

Thank you, marelli, for letting us know.

Baggs Mon 13-May-19 05:56:04

Sorry about the misspelling of your name!

ffinnochio Mon 13-May-19 06:58:06

Elizabeth1. I’m so very sorry to hear of your stroke. It’s such a shock for you. flowers . I feel sure you have a good medical team on your case to support and aid your recovery.

Marelli Thanks for letting us know and I’ll look forward to further updates. x

Beechnut Mon 13-May-19 07:19:22

Wishing Elizabeth1 a speedy and good recovery ?

gillybob Mon 13-May-19 07:40:28

Oh dear, I have just come across this thread. Poor Elizabeth1 and what a shock. I do hope she is getting the best of care and I wish her a full and speedy recovery . flowers

Thank you for passing this on Marelli.

travelsafar Mon 13-May-19 08:25:34

Poor lady. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. flowers

Marelli Mon 13-May-19 08:25:58

gillybob, she's been transferred to a rehab unit, so is receiving relevant input. This unit is just about 10 minutes from her home, so that makes it easier for her DH, too. Xx