Gransnet forums

Chat

Elizabeth1.

(35 Posts)
Marelli Sun 12-May-19 17:59:28

Elizabeth1 has suffered a stroke. It happened a week last Tuesday, the day before some of us went to Dundee to the V&A. I hadn't known about it till that evening when we got back from Dundee.
However, I've finally managed in to see her at hospital, after having been away, and she asked me to put a thread up just to let people know.
She asked me to tell you all that she's feeling a bit better and is just so grateful to her friends and family whose love and attention has been encouraging her to feel stronger.
Family are in touch with me, so if there's anything I can share on here, I will. I'll pop in and see her again during the week.

Jangran99 Mon 13-May-19 16:20:50

The NHS at its best it would seem. Thank you Marelli and love to Elizabeth when you next see her flowers

Grammaretto Mon 13-May-19 16:27:34

Thanks Marelli .
I hope she can read all the nice messages.
It sounds as though her recovery is going well and close to her home is excellent. So scary though.
Get well soon Elizabeth 1 and I hope Marydoll is on the mend now too.
flowers

Marelli Wed 15-May-19 17:10:22

Visited Elizabeth1 this afternoon. I thought she was looking a good bit better. She was standing today, apparently, and doing more exercises. Her DH said that there had been a bit of movement in her arm, too, so that lifted her spirits a bit.
There were a few visitors today, so I wasn't able to read all your lovely messages, but I did tell her there were lots of them (!) so she was so cheered up by that. ? In saying that, she's in good spirits. She has her iPad with her and is watching loads of stuff on BBC iPlayer. It's a good and positive thing that patients aren't limited to the TV in the sitting room (if they're able to get out of bed) or trying to read a book when they can be so easily distracted by worries. Although the ladies in her ward are quite elderly, I think they've all struck up quite a rapport.

Grammaretto Wed 15-May-19 18:48:59

That is really good news. She's up and walking and has plenty of visitors. Hospital isn't the best place on a hot day either. We were at the Western most of yesterday so I know!
I hope she continues to make steady progress.
Sending ((hugs))

Marydoll Wed 15-May-19 18:54:11

Thanks Marelli for updating us.
Im so glad she is showing signs of improvement.

Largolass Wed 15-May-19 19:07:16

That's good to hear Marelli thoughts were with Elizabeth when I was passing through her village this afternoon

Marelli Wed 15-May-19 19:31:38

Standing only, so far, Grammaretto (physio input). Her bed is next to the window and she looks right out onto the hospital gardens. Squirrels, birds on the feeders etc.
Hope all went well at the Western, Grammaretto. x

Anniebach Wed 15-May-19 19:31:49

So glad she is improving, thank you for update

Brunette10 Thu 16-May-19 16:44:03

Thank you for update. So glad she seems to be improving. Hugs to her.