Gransnet forums

Chat

Elizabeth1.

(35 Posts)
Marelli Sun 12-May-19 17:59:28

Elizabeth1 has suffered a stroke. It happened a week last Tuesday, the day before some of us went to Dundee to the V&A. I hadn't known about it till that evening when we got back from Dundee.
However, I've finally managed in to see her at hospital, after having been away, and she asked me to put a thread up just to let people know.
She asked me to tell you all that she's feeling a bit better and is just so grateful to her friends and family whose love and attention has been encouraging her to feel stronger.
Family are in touch with me, so if there's anything I can share on here, I will. I'll pop in and see her again during the week.

Brunette10 Thu 16-May-19 16:44:03

Thank you for update. So glad she seems to be improving. Hugs to her.

Anniebach Wed 15-May-19 19:31:49

So glad she is improving, thank you for update

Marelli Wed 15-May-19 19:31:38

Standing only, so far, Grammaretto (physio input). Her bed is next to the window and she looks right out onto the hospital gardens. Squirrels, birds on the feeders etc.
Hope all went well at the Western, Grammaretto. x

Largolass Wed 15-May-19 19:07:16

That's good to hear Marelli thoughts were with Elizabeth when I was passing through her village this afternoon

Marydoll Wed 15-May-19 18:54:11

Thanks Marelli for updating us.
Im so glad she is showing signs of improvement.

Grammaretto Wed 15-May-19 18:48:59

That is really good news. She's up and walking and has plenty of visitors. Hospital isn't the best place on a hot day either. We were at the Western most of yesterday so I know!
I hope she continues to make steady progress.
Sending ((hugs))

Marelli Wed 15-May-19 17:10:22

Visited Elizabeth1 this afternoon. I thought she was looking a good bit better. She was standing today, apparently, and doing more exercises. Her DH said that there had been a bit of movement in her arm, too, so that lifted her spirits a bit.
There were a few visitors today, so I wasn't able to read all your lovely messages, but I did tell her there were lots of them (!) so she was so cheered up by that. ? In saying that, she's in good spirits. She has her iPad with her and is watching loads of stuff on BBC iPlayer. It's a good and positive thing that patients aren't limited to the TV in the sitting room (if they're able to get out of bed) or trying to read a book when they can be so easily distracted by worries. Although the ladies in her ward are quite elderly, I think they've all struck up quite a rapport.

Grammaretto Mon 13-May-19 16:27:34

Thanks Marelli .
I hope she can read all the nice messages.
It sounds as though her recovery is going well and close to her home is excellent. So scary though.
Get well soon Elizabeth 1 and I hope Marydoll is on the mend now too.
flowers

Jangran99 Mon 13-May-19 16:20:50

The NHS at its best it would seem. Thank you Marelli and love to Elizabeth when you next see her flowers

Marelli Mon 13-May-19 08:25:58

gillybob, she's been transferred to a rehab unit, so is receiving relevant input. This unit is just about 10 minutes from her home, so that makes it easier for her DH, too. Xx

travelsafar Mon 13-May-19 08:25:34

Poor lady. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. flowers

gillybob Mon 13-May-19 07:40:28

Oh dear, I have just come across this thread. Poor Elizabeth1 and what a shock. I do hope she is getting the best of care and I wish her a full and speedy recovery . flowers

Thank you for passing this on Marelli.

Beechnut Mon 13-May-19 07:19:22

Wishing Elizabeth1 a speedy and good recovery ?

ffinnochio Mon 13-May-19 06:58:06

Elizabeth1. I’m so very sorry to hear of your stroke. It’s such a shock for you. flowers . I feel sure you have a good medical team on your case to support and aid your recovery.

Marelli Thanks for letting us know and I’ll look forward to further updates. x

Baggs Mon 13-May-19 05:56:04

Sorry about the misspelling of your name!

Baggs Mon 13-May-19 05:55:29

Get well soon, eleizabeth1! So shocked to hear of your stroke. I hope you are feeling a bit better now. xx

Thank you, marelli, for letting us know.

crazyH Mon 13-May-19 00:24:54

Love to Elizabeth1 flowers

Jangran99 Mon 13-May-19 00:22:09

Marelli I've just seen this news about Elizabeth1
Please give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery.She is such a vibrant member of the Edinburgh Grans.Hope to see her back with us soon.thistle

janeainsworth Sun 12-May-19 23:18:38

Oh Marelli thank you for letting us know.
Please give her my love and best wishes when you see her. I will message her anyway, but just in case she’s finding it hard to get messages on her iPad.

Marelli Sun 12-May-19 22:47:09

It'll do her good to see so many lovely comments. She's such a lively, busy person, so it's come as a shock to all the family. One day at a time.

baubles Sun 12-May-19 21:35:47

Oh Marelli I’m so sorry to hear this, please tell Elizabeth1 that I’m thinking of her & sending my best wishes.

callgirl1 Sun 12-May-19 21:18:00

I don`t know Elizabeth1, but please give her my best wishes for her recovery Marelli.

Pittcity Sun 12-May-19 20:49:29

Lots of love to Elizabeth1 thanks

Marelli Sun 12-May-19 20:43:08

shysal, I think she's done this a couple of times. A wee bit muddled here and there, but thankfully that's settled a good bit now.
She was in Aberdeen when it happened, but after a few days she was transferred to a hospital near her home.
It will cheer her up no end to hear all your comments. xx

shysal Sun 12-May-19 20:32:39

Elizabeth1 accidentally chose a 'pets' thread to send a message to all who know her. You will find her post on here.
www.gransnet.com/forums/pets/1261260-Soppy-nicknames-for-your-pets?msgid=27224650